Gettin called out

I would absolutely love to own an SC300!!!!
I'm talking about the rice life at my school as in Hyundai Tiburon- Big ol wing, plasti-dipped trunk, stock wheels, 4 inch exhaust tip.
EG Civic- slammed 1/2 inch off the ground, open header, sounds like a pissed off weed wacker
Truck Rice- Dads money= lift kit, light bars, wheels the size of Manhattan, and the "squat", I'm a fan of lifted trucks if they're done right.
Stuff like that.
Only 2 actual performance cars. That turbo civic I mentioned and my ugly ol' brick. Lol
When I say rice I don't mean anything less than 8 cylinders, I mean cars with radical body mods with no performance mods whatsoever ever.

Buy some bulk silicone vac hose and replace all the vac lines and get a good tune on it. Do you have an alky chip? Have you tried adding timing if you are not getting knock?
I have a 5.6 TT chip that says "Alcohol" on it. I'm getting 2 degrees of retard when I romp it.

Knock retard in 1st/2nd or 3rd? Is it running lean or rich? When does the alky come on?

I can see a new thread "what happened to my motor" coming soon.. Oh the line came off the FP reg or wastegate . :nailbiting: FIX vac lines an whatever else thats messed up.. BEFORE ya go beating on it. Good Luck. Knock is NOT your friend !

Knock is in 2nd. Alky comes on around 5-7 psi. It's way lean. Reading roughly 450 mv.

Show a little faith guys. I'm not racing......yet

It was installed by by GBodyParts (that's a long story) so honestly I have no idea
you can't run just any chip, I'm telling you unless you want to seriously hurt the motor. you get a chip tuned to your specific car setup. fix all the things wrong with it, make sure all your scan master readings are good, have a good boost gauge, fuel pump/hot wired, vacuum lines changed and ran properly, confirmed waste gate works properly and then you can drive the car.

You have enough good advice on getting the car lined out so I won't go there.

These diesel trucks can make some power and get with the program in sprint race. (4x4) I wouldn't get too nervous about this truck mainly because of the manual trans. It won't have any legs, he'll be shifting more than anything else and they're not exactly set up for speed shifting. His power band will be around a 2500 to 3000 rpm stretch then he'll be shifting again. I would bet he breaks before you do.

He doesn't even have the truck yet. I asked him when and where we wanted to meet at and he responded "I don't have it yet... I'm not getting it for a while" Which I find funny, he has talked so much Sh!#% about draggin my ass and he doesn't even have the truck.

you can't run just any chip, I'm telling you unless you want to seriously hurt the motor. you get a chip tuned to your specific car setup. fix all the things wrong with it, make sure all your scan master readings are good, have a good boost gauge, fuel pump/hot wired, vacuum lines changed and ran properly, confirmed waste gate works properly and then you can drive the car.
The chip has been in there for about 6 years now with no issues. I was told that it was good for the mods that were put on the car. The problems I've been stating started coming up within the past year. All vacuum lines were replaced about 4 months ago. Everything you said there is operational. Somewhere and somehow something went wrong. I got tired of small fixes here and there to cover up a bigger problem. That's why I joined this forum... for guidance...

The chip has been in there for about 6 years now with no issues. I was told that it was good for the mods that were put on the car. The problems I've been stating started coming up within the past year. All vacuum lines were replaced about 4 months ago. Everything you said there is operational. Somewhere and somehow something went wrong. I got tired of small fixes here and there to cover up a bigger problem. That's why I joined this forum... for guidance...
It's good you joined the forum to get help, I suggest following the advice.

Tell your buddy you'll race when he actually gets the truck and after you fix your car.

You shouldn't even think about racing until your car is running properly. I need to build a motor now because I ran my car with the wrong chip.

If its lean with alky something is def wrong! Turn the boost down. Have you checked fuel psi under boost? Should be 64+- at 19# of boost. Do the "spring cleaning" from gnttype.org asap. Replace the o2 sensor, use a Denso. The last 2 Bosh I used were wonky. Get a chip made for your combo! What fuel pump?

If its lean with alky something is def wrong! Turn the boost down. Have you checked fuel psi under boost? Should be 64+- at 19# of boost. Do the "spring cleaning" from gnttype.org asap. Replace the o2 sensor, use a Denso. The last 2 Bosh I used were wonky. Get a chip made for your combo! What fuel pump?
Should I do the spring cleaning first or try to find more stuff wrong? I know for a fact something is off behind the dash because the heat only blows out of the defroster no matter what position the switch is in. I cant check the fuel pressure due to my broken gauge... just my luck. Is there a way to check without buying a new gauge?

I think this thread should be moved to General Discussion...lol, its gettin a bit off topic

He doesn't even have the truck yet. I asked him when and where we wanted to meet at and he responded "I don't have it yet... I'm not getting it for a while" Which I find funny, he has talked so much Sh!#% about draggin my ass and he doesn't even have the truck.

What everyone else said. Get it fixed first. Even if you win the race, you'll probably regret hammering on the car when it has gremlins.

Definitely, diesels (especially with 4x4) can make some quick 1/4 mile times, but I am familiar with that type of diesel owner. Usually those people that go out of their way that much to have a pissing contest don't have the vehicle to back it up. All bark and no bite. The only thing separating them from genuine ricers is deeper pockets with a more powerful engine.

Spring cleaning and look for other issues. Zip tie all vac lines. Need to get another fuel gauge.

I don't think you need to do valve Springs right away, especially with it being a flat tappet cam, I wouldn't worry about them yet.

Fuel pump hot wired, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure gauge, boost gauge (not the dash one), scan master, make sure the TPS sensor is set properly for WOT. make sure all scan master readings are good. change oil in engine and diff, make sure transmission fluid is to proper level and in decent shape. vacuum lines routes correctly is very important.

19 psi of boost is like 10 psi higher than stock... so not sure if you have an adjustable waste gate?

So spring cleaning first. Got it. I gotta find enough time to actually tear into it and do stuff THE RIGHT WAY this time. I might have low fuel pressure honestly since I'm lean throughout the entire power band. Thanks for your guys wise wisdom! Lol