Gettin called out

Caleb W.

So in my school the Buick is the badest car on campus. The only thing that can remotely keep up is a stanced turbo civic (I helped him turbo it lol). So I'm sitting in class and this guy is getting a new truck, a 1997 Ford something with a 7.3 power stroke. He talkin all this smack about how he'll beat me with ease. I'm just sitting back accepting the challenge. He wont tell me anything about the truck other than its hopped up with a 92 mm turbo. I'm kinda skeptical honestly since my car is in its current state of limping all around town, but I think I can get him. What do you guys think?

Ever tracked your car? Got sticky tires? You have the weight advantage. How much boost?

Sorry I think your hot air car is gonna get whopped !! Ever take yours to the track ??

My stepdad took it to an 1/8th mile a few months ago. he ran in overdrive (even though i told him not to) to a 9.45 @75 mph.
60' 2.35 (horrible)
330' 6.2 (also bad)

I have good ol all seasons on right now. No need for slicks, itll barley break the skinny 245s lol. I'm running 18 psi right now.

But whatever all in good fun

My stepdad took it to an 1/8th mile a few months ago. he ran in overdrive (even though i told him not to) to a 9.45 @75 mph.
60' 2.35 (horrible)
330' 6.2 (also bad)

I have good ol all seasons on right now. No need for slicks, itll barley break the skinny 245s lol. I'm running 18 psi right now.

But whatever all in good fun

I'm sorry Caleb but your a low 9 sec 1/8 and your the fastest at your school? Wow... all the rest better stay home. If this diesel truck has mods oh yeah he can beat you. I think Grumpy is right.

A friend has a Duramax truck he has a tune Bullydog i think? and better exhaust, in 4x4 mode he runs 8.30's in the 1/8 mile. 85lbs of boost I think?

I'm sorry Caleb but your a low 9 sec 1/8 and your the fastest at your school? Wow... all the rest better stay home. If this diesel truck has mods oh yeah he can beat you. I think Grumpy is right.

A friend has a Duramax truck he has a tune Bullydog i think? and better exhaust, in 4x4 mode he runs 8.30's in the 1/8 mile. 85lbs of boost I think?
Yep... 85% of the kids at school are ricers.

Ill race him anyway just for "Gits and Shiggles"
Its kinda embarrassing to say i have a mid 9 second Turbo Buick on the 1/8th isn't it?

Last edited:
With Dr's you might be in the 8's maybe? But 75 mph is a little low but the OD didn't help either. Your pretty close to where a stock 86/87 car would be.

How are at 19psi hot air?

I hope you have alky or e85, and a scan master.

...Then I would expect low 8's in the 1/8 with that sig not low 9's.
I'd figure that would pop up. My car is currently in "Limp mode" so to speak. Its running lean, a few vacuum leaks, wiring gremlins, etc. I need time and money to fix alot of the issues. I know the power is in there but need alot to get it out.

Buy some bulk silicone vac hose and replace all the vac lines and get a good tune on it. Do you have an alky chip? Have you tried adding timing if you are not getting knock?

85% of the kids at school are ricers.

Living the 'rice life' since '85, good times.

11-15-06_1715-1.jpg
My dearly departed '92!.jpg
YIHq2VpH99OXnfKyt-1VLCmBqSeE6XVWMSHEJyU2NfQLAYspN.jpg
my%20Toy-yoda%20MR2%20more%20good%20ones%20002.jpg

No fart cans, giant wings or stupid looking body kits aint "the rice life";) I have owned 17 Z cars, never been a ricer(y)

I'd figure that would pop up. My car is currently in "Limp mode" so to speak. Its running lean, a few vacuum leaks, wiring gremlins, etc. I need time and money to fix alot of the issues. I know the power is in there but need alot to get it out.

Then Caleb get your car fixed first then think about racing later.