Get Ready for TURBO THUNDER!!!

Hey guys, I have never been and am planning on coming up on friday night probably. Is there camping? I think I remember seeing pictures of camping and such.
Am not really planning on running the Buick due to the transmission, but just coming for the event.

Also, TurboSlacker, were you in Colville, WA last week? That is where I am from, my brother still lives there and sent me pictures of a GN with the license plate SINISTR.

Yep camping in a tent or vehicle is allowed at the track. There is a nominal fee like $10 a night or so. Highly recommend staying there with us enthusiasts. Always a good time.

Yes I am still cruising around Colville. Three days straight of rain sucked but now it's
beautiful. Love this part of the country. Your brother will probably see SINISTR cruising the hood. Tell him to say hi.

Nice, I was planning on camping, so I will be there after work on friday for sure then. It's a bit of a drive up from Portland, so hopefully won't be too late.

And that is cool! I love that part of Washington. I moved because there is not much work, but it sure is beautiful over there.
I thought I would have more fun over here with the GN, but man do I miss those nice open country roads.

Ok Guys & Gals - it's been 7 months since we announced Turbo Thunder XV and it's time to race! Turbo Thunder XV is this coming Friday and Saturday (July 18th and 19th).

Remember, in addition to the Top Turbo and Turbo Pro classes, we have added an additional racing class this year: Open Turbo Gas bracket for ANY turbocharged vehicle running gasoline (pump or race) or E85.

The more people who show up to race, the larger the payouts to the winners and runner-ups in each class!

We're looking forward to seeing everybody this weekend at Bremerton Raceway!

Ok Guys & Gals - it's been 7 months since we announced Turbo Thunder XV and it's time to race! Turbo Thunder XV is this coming Friday and Saturday (July 18th and 19th).

Remember, in addition to the Top Turbo and Turbo Pro classes, we have added an additional racing class this year: Open Turbo Gas bracket for ANY turbocharged vehicle running gasoline (pump or race) or E85.

The more people who show up to race, the larger the payouts to the winners and runner-ups in each class!

We're looking forward to seeing everybody this weekend at Bremerton Raceway!

Wahoo!! It's almost time.
Let's make some noise

Is there a schedule anywhere? And will I still be able to get In late at night? I probably won't be able to leave Portland until around 7 thus putting me there around 10 if things go smoothly with traffic.

Holy s there where no cars there , wish I could have stayed longer and been able to tune. Went 12.52 @ 93 loosing a coupler. Next year camping fir sue nice meeting some of you guys.

Test n Tune Friday was great! Run whenever ready since very few car out. Got in six runs and achieved a new personal best 120.8 mph. Crappy ETs due to no track prep, only 11.8 with sixty footers 1.9 PUKE. No VHT so no one was hooking up. Still great see the regular TT diehards.

Sat morning is wet at the track but just drizzle so hopefully will clear up later in the day for racing.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Test n Tune Friday was great! Run whenever ready since very few car out. Got in six runs and achieved a new personal best 120.8 mph. Crappy ETs due to no track prep, only 11.8 with sixty footers 1.9 PUKE. No VHT so no one was hooking up.[/QUOTE]

You certainly ET'd on that last run today! Well done, for the conditions.

Good times.

Last edited:
Great event as always! Thank you Gene for all the preparation and coordination throughout the event. Nice to see a strong turnout by our Canadian friends. Bunch of fun loving guys for sure. Also happy to see new folks participating for their first time with their Grand Nationals.

Congrats to Dan Miller first place and Sean M runner up. SINISTR ran super all weekend with a best run of 11.54 @ 121.00 thanks to TurboTweak's closed loop air fuel chip and Bailey's 2-Step.

Dan, SINISTR ran fat and healthy. You hooked and HUSTLED in bad track. Kudos. Dan (Miller) even hooked and was consistent as a clock with those street tires.

Just say the word - you want to go hunting Mustangs and I've suddenly got spare TORCO and I'm good to hook. Call it.

Big thanks to GN Northwest, and to everyone that came out. I had an f-ing blast. Thankfully, my motor didn't. Some time, again, soon.

Yes Friday was fun thanks Gene and every one who helped put this on I made 6 passes on Friday and blew a head gasket. oh well, I will try and just do a head gasket and limp it along until I can get a motor built had lots of fun

Hey guys, I haven't had time but I'm going to try and go through the photos and see what I got. I'll just upload them all and share a link.

If there are some nice ones and you have any request for full size etc just let know.

TTXV_img_1 by JHunt7489, on Flickr

Dan - Congrats on taking first place trophy....! So it didn't go home (yet another year) with SINISTR. :D. Dan - Congrats on the new personal best with SINISTR. 121 mph trap speed - That's hauling the mail...! (y)

Mike

Sorry I missed the event. Hoping to see some more pictures/results. Thanks to Gene and GN Northwest for keeping Turbo Thunder happening!

I've finally got a car I can run but the driver needs to get it together and get a license. Hopefully we'll be there next year to play.