Gen ll question

larrym

West Coast Newfy
So I been playing with TunerPro logging and messing around trying to tune out some transitional knock.
When I look at the parameters that can be displayed on TunerPro there is one that is tagged Main tune set at -67 what is this referencing?

The User tune I have dialed in to add 27 on the main scale to get my BLM close to 128 across the board and have fine tuned the low load points. WOT is good when I hit it from a roll I go form 0 psi to 20 in about 1.5 seconds according to my log. My AF drops as soon as I hit and than goes up and down repeatedly for the 1.5 seconds and then settles in at my desired AF 10.30 a little fat actually since the boost is down.

Alky is set to start spraying at 5 psi and full on at 15

The log play back is slowed to 25%.

Last edited:
I don't have anything called Main tune in mine, there is however a Main Scale. Is that what you meant? And of course the three user tunes.
Maybe the GenII is displayed different than my Translator Pro files.

So I been playing with TunerPro logging and messing around trying to tune out some transitional knock.
larry looking at the video the afr is 12.25 at 4200 with 8.7 psi,12.31 at 15 psi with 4609 rpm,12.54 at 4700 rpm at 18 psi:eek:way lean inmo.then at 4864 rpm and 19.3 psi you drop to 11.7,4920 rpm and 20 psi your afr finally drops to 10.6 afr.that fuel curve really needs to be fattened up inmo to get rid of the knock.

It's a cooling mist controller and I have verified that it works with a compressor I wonder if it's just slow.
At the track I have no problem when I build boost and launch. It's just from a roll when I hit it. I prime it all the time when I'm testing to make sure the alky is at the nozzle.
Was kind of hoping I could tune most of it out with the genll.
If I had it all to do again I would go alky control

If I set the alky start point much lower its will bog at mid throttle

Just went thru the adjustments on the alky controller I can adjust the pump duty cycle at the turn on point default is 25% who knows what I set it for at install its been years.
So if the alky starts spraying at 5 psi at say 50% duty cycle this might give it a better chance at keeping up full on at 15 psi.
Thing spools really quick from a roll 1.5 seconds .017 to 21 psi

Brand new 200 psi recirculating pump.
M15 nozzle 18 gallons per hour

Brand new 200 psi recirculating pump.
M15 nozzle 18 gallons per hour
problem is you cant see the pressure curve, this is where having a gauge would allow you to see the curve and fine tune.with the single m15 on and alkycontrol kit I tune the car with plenty of gas and use the alky only to suppress knock,sometimes I move the alky curve slightly depends on the combo.i would intro more fuel into the car then adjust your alky curve.i believe in a fuel cushion.

I think I'm on the right track adding 5% mid load 2800 to 4600 and high load 5% 2800 to 4000 Rpm
I think I will up it a bit mid load see that gets it closer.

I think I'm on the right track adding 5% mid load 2800 to 4600 and high load 5% 2800 to 4000 Rpm
I like what I see above 4700 rpm and noticed that you richened it up to that point but I will like to still see you add some more fuel while transitioning.

Hello Mr Spool I think I have it pretty much licked but your opinion is valued [emoji1]
Here's screen shot of my latest log leanest it went was 12.47 just before it started to spray which is set at 5 psi 1 green light on the knock gauge but that could have been anything.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458262311.037349.jpg

latest log leanest it went was 12.47 just before it started to spray which is set at 5 psi 1 green light on the knock gauge but that could have been anything.
add a little more see if the knock goes completely away.car may not want to be at mid 12s afr while in low boost with lower rpm.how does the car feel at this point?

it pulls good I'm pretty sure it wasn't detonation the gauge is sensitive it will light up and not show up as a knock count on my scan tool
I will add a some more at the spike and see where that takes me what would be a good target AFR for this transition to alky some thing in the mid 11s?