Gbody parts TV cable

Justin85

Is the Turbo Buick TV cable that Gbodyparts has for sale a quality piece too use? my stock has a crack in the base and is leaking trans fluid, I tried to JB weld it but it still leaks.

Thanks Steve , I pulled my cable out and it looks like the Grommet is the actual suspect. Its hard to judge from pictures I took but once I took it out and had it in hand it was not cracked. I think it just needs a clean up and re torque with a new grommet.

Thanks Steve , I pulled my cable out and it looks like the Grommet is the actual suspect. Its hard to judge from pictures I took but once I took it out and had it in hand it was not cracked. I think it just needs a clean up and re torque with a new grommet.
Groumet is the 1st cluprit. Lots of guys have issues with them. Easy fix though!

y

you say retorque ..just so you're clear the bolt is not there to torque the cable down
install the grommet fully in the trans , lube the inside of grommet and the cable case end (use atf or trans goo)
hook the tv end on cable end and push your cable in completely and then install the 10mm bolt and snug it
do not use the bolt to pull the cable in or you risk cracking the cable case
also note cable caseing gets routed under the dipstick tube , if you try to go over the tube you will probably crack the casing

I didnt mean to say torque the bolt but snug it like you said, and yes my TV cable is routed under the fill tube.

Is the Turbo Buick TV cable that Gbodyparts has for sale a quality piece too use? my stock has a crack in the base and is leaking trans fluid, I tried to JB weld it but it still leaks.

HI WAY STARS HAS THE BEST REPRODUCTION TV CABLE ON THE MARKET. THE GBODY CABLE HAS A CHEAP MADE PLASTIC FITTING THAT MOUNT TO THE THROTTLE BODY- THAT WILL BREAK EASILY.

Highway stars is out off stock and will not ship to Canada , so Gbody parts it is, I can reuse my stock fitting if thats a issue.

Update# I Installed a new grommet and checked my stock boot and all looked well , reinstalled and it still leaks from the boot somewhere, I dont know if its warped and not sitting on the gasket properly.

hard to find but guys still have em , do a parts wanted add , evil bay has some probably but $$$, always good to know the old codgers hoarding parts !!! :ROFLMAO:

HI WAY STARS HAS THE BEST REPRODUCTION TV CABLE ON THE MARKET. THE GBODY CABLE HAS A CHEAP MADE PLASTIC FITTING THAT MOUNT TO THE THROTTLE BODY- THAT WILL BREAK EASILY.
One of my customers roasted a trans because the Highway Stars cable was too long. He did not check it when he installed. Luckily he left it on the unit and I caught it. The cable was sent back and they confirmed it was incorrect.

Steve I'm wondering if that is their revised cable? or their first attempt at repoing the cable? I know they are on R2 now

When I get the Gbody Cable I'll put them side by side and make sure they are the same length, as for the plastic clip to the throttle linkage any ideas if that is strong enough Steve?

I had to throw the gbodyparts TV cable in the trash as it was not the correct length and would not stay in the bracket. Very disappointing I sanded my stock one down and looked it over and found a hairline crack.. I used JB weld plastic epoxy and it sealed the crack. I'm letting it sit overnight and see if I sealed the leak for good.