GBody Parts dual gauge A piller pod?

BARRACUDA1968

I'm just getting around to installing my SMG with a dual gauge pod for the A pillar. I bought one from GBody parts. I'm either doing something really wrong or this thing is very badly designed. It's close to the original in shape other than it goes over the upper window trim instead of sliding in it which is fine I guess but down at the lower A pillar bu you shin there's a huge gap. Do I need to trim this thing or just keep working at it? I'm not seeing how this thing will ever look nice or fit decent.

I trimmed mine a little bit near the bottom and then afterwards realized it was fine the way it was. luckily it was just a little trim.

up top I trimmed it a little bit to fit inside the metal trim like stock. that was needed.

If your car is a T-top, you'll have to trim it at the top to fit. When I installed mine, I didn't have any fitment issues at the bottom. It does not fit as nice as the OEM trim panel, but its aftermarket, designed to hold gauges, and will require minimal "engineering" to fit and look good.

I tried to trim it here and there to get it to fit decent. I got it in but it's complete garbage and that's where it's at as of now. I guess I'll have to go a different route. I just need a double gauge pod for the SMG and the WB. I'd like to have them where I can keep my eye on them but if this piece I just tried to install is all there is I'll probably just put them down by the shifter.

Maybe mine is just a bad one out of a bunch but I spent all morning on it and it just don't fit. My biggest issue was the bottom gauge pod was hitting the dash before the trim piece seated. I needed another 1/4 inch. The screw hole wouldn't line up so I drilled one and tightened it for a look see. It was all kinds of tweaked so I threw the original back in with my SMG in the single pod I had for now. Time for a beer. Have a great day fella's!

They don't fit very well. I have a three gauge pod. The idea is great but the fit and finish leave a lot to be desired.

Is the dual A pillar gauge pod sold by GBody the only brand out there? I'm willing to try a different brand if I can confirm it has a better fitment. The more I think about going to the 2 pod on the console I leaning back toward the A pillar. I want to keep an eye on things and the SMG and my WB don't really match so the A pillar will hide that fact a little better.

I bought one from GBody and tried to return it, but they wouldn't take it. I ended up trimming mine and heating the plastic and formed it at the top. Doesn't look too bad. I can post pics if needed/wanted.

Kirbans has one as well. I bought the 3 gauge pod from G body in 2011 and it didn't fit worth a damn. I bought another one from them this year and the fit is perfect. Don't know if it's a different mold or what, but I'm impressed with the latest one.

I did some surfing today and I really can't find anything else. I might have to take another stab at this one. I did trim it and heat it up to bend it etc the other day. I just don't see how it's going to work but I'll take another stab at it I guess.

I bought one from GBody and tried to return it, but they wouldn't take it. I ended up trimming mine and heating the plastic and formed it at the top. Doesn't look too bad. I can post pics if needed/wanted.

If you have pics of what you did I'd like to see them.

Is the dual A pillar gauge pod sold by GBody the only brand out there? I'm willing to try a different brand if I can confirm it has a better fitment. The more I think about going to the 2 pod on the console I leaning back toward the A pillar. I want to keep an eye on things and the SMG and my WB don't really match so the A pillar will hide that fact a little better.

I had the console gauges, but didn't like the idea of having to look down in the middle of a "Situation." I also drilled two holes in mine above my boost gauge for my meth kit LED's.

I had the console gauges, but didn't like the idea of having to look down in the middle of a "Situation." I also drilled two holes in mine above my boost gauge for my meth kit LED's.

Yeah I decided against the console gauges. I ordered the Kirban slip over 2 gauge pod today. I also emailed back and forth with Gbody parts. I got the typical answer I expected but they were decent. They said they are working on a new product for the A Pillar gauges. I'll wait and see what they come up with.

Here is a picture of the top of the gauge pod. I trimmed it and heated it with a heat gun and tried to mold it the best I could. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1291.JPG
    IMG_1291.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 117
In my experience they all fit poorly. I don't know if Brian actually has his own made or if they use Lotek as the supplier. I've talked with Brian a few times about making one that fits like the OEM but cost is huge with the molds to do the wrap-around version.... so I (like everyone else just has to deal with it, I guess)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did get a 3 pillar one from him off ebay, fit pretty good IMO. It unfortuately will be one of the last transactions with him.