Garage Ideas

Subscribed for fresh ideas.
Same here, never noticed this thread. I've been researching steel garages for a couple of months now. I'm waiting on plans from a couple companies, hopefully spring time I can get into the project. I'm losing my car storage in November, so I'll be paying someone for storage for a few months which i don't really care for...

So let's see some new ideas.... Mike

Plastic floor,plastic wall And checker plate ,juste an idea...

Attachments

• IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0859.JPG
    748.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0864.JPG
    IMG_0864.JPG
    628.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0844.JPG
    IMG_0844.JPG
    720.6 KB · Views: 115
DITTO! What Dynoman started about a sub panel in the garage. Very useful and will prevent from running into the house because you are running your mug welder , compressor , And flux capacitor at the same time. POP goes the breaker. Just my two cents. But Dynoman hit it right on the nose.

Steps are awesome. I would like some more info on how you did your walls and how expensive it was.
Hello the price around 1,40$ square ft CAN,the name of the product I use is agro core,the web site revetementagro.com,very easy to install ..maybe Not the Best if you do welding but for my show room is perfect for me very clean And washable product ,I Will never have to paint the garage

I went to an open house this past weekend. It was a rainy day. The garage floor had a beautiful white epoxy with colored flecks in it. Thought it impressive until I walked on it with wet shoes. Almost fell on my ass. I wouldn't do that unless all you do is keep garage jewelry just sitting there. Can't imagine it with oil or coolant drips.

Love the look of your garage floor. I'm also curious to know how well a creeper rolls around on it. Thanks
Super résistent the name of the floor is swisstrax the tiles is diamondtrax I think is 15 year garantie swisstrax have Nice product for garage

Run phone speaker and cable during the build. Plumbed sink nice too. Don't forget beer fridge in the floor plan. Overhead hoist a must. Use mine countless times. Design an attic for storage and staircase if you can fit it. Loft door and jib in attic very handy for loading bulky heavy items.

*feel free to move thread*

Ok so I just got with a builder and am going to start having my house built. Just wanted to get some ideas about garage ideas that you guys have done or would like to do in your garage. Heres what i have so far 2 car garage one stall is two deep(due to lots being narrow). Insulated walls and door, mop sink, plenty of outlets and on the ceiling, 220v outlet, and will be coating the floor (any ideas with what?brand?)

My shop.
8c2dc805c4f605621e1561f34c7e8013.jpg
145726fa6c2262ea98bc55a82e22f3d0.jpg
38c885603413fc8ad514113055c71e70.jpg
33248cfa7217a9ec6ffbab900e408f65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy Crap! :eek: That's spectacular!
I don't even want to think of the cost. (although if you don't mind sharing we can talk via pm)- I'm wanting to do something similar, but I think it's probably outside my budget...

Holy Crap! :eek: That's spectacular!
I don't even want to think of the cost. (although if you don't mind sharing we can talk via pm)- I'm wanting to do something similar, but I think it's probably outside my budget...

It's got up stairs,bathroom,heated and cooled.
It's 50x60 with A 12' side wall and A 10-12 pitch roof. With the rooms heat and air and floor coating and high bay lighting and wired and plumb Iv got right at 90k in it. And I did all the wiring and plumbing and built the rooms

I used epoxy coat on my garage floor. It's supposed to be more durable then the regular paint on floor coatings. It was $300 for the materials to do a 2 car garage.

Install a urinal on the wall, just plumb it outside onto some stones if you don't tie into the plumbing. It keeps the 'ol ball-and-chain from bitching when you drink beer while working on the car and then make greasy footprints on the way to the bathroom. Ask me how I know.

I used epoxy coat on my garage floor. It's supposed to be more durable then the regular paint on floor coatings. It was $300 for the materials to do a 2 car garage.

Install a urinal on the wall, just plumb it outside onto some stones if you don't tie into the plumbing. It keeps the 'ol ball-and-chain from bitching when you drink beer while working on the car and then make greasy footprints on the way to the bathroom. Ask me how I know.

I would hope if you don't plumb it, you at least have it accessible to a source of water like a hose or hose bib to delete the piss smell. A case of beer and 2 -3 friends hanging around can create a pretty big puddle.:sick: Jus' sayin'..............

I would hope if you don't plumb it, you at least have it accessible to a source of water like a hose or hose bib to delete the piss smell. A case of beer and 2 -3 friends hanging around can create a pretty big puddle.:sick: Jus' sayin'..............

Yes, still run water to the valve for flushing it.

It's got up stairs,bathroom,heated and cooled.
It's 50x60 with A 12' side wall and A 10-12 pitch roof. With the rooms heat and air and floor coating and high bay lighting and wired and plumb Iv got right at 90k in it. And I did all the wiring and plumbing and built the rooms

Simply awesome. Sadly, too rich for my blood. We'd have to live in the garage if I spent that much on it. :giggle:

I just added a 4 post lift to my garage that took quite a bit of work to make happen. Had to tear down the ceiling, re frame and drywall it, get the garage door setup for high lift conversion, and install a Liftmaster 8500 garage door opener. Also added a programable heater with a thermostat and a nice sound system. Just have to mud the walls and prep it for painting.
IMG_20180331_1147438.jpg
IMG_20180401_1606263.jpg
IMG_20180603_1853268.jpg