Garage find

Guy's,

Thanks for all the positive comments. :) I hope to have her running this weekend, it will be a while before she's roadworthy but if I can hear the engine run it will give me motivation. The plan is to change out the fuel pump and filter, drain the old gas out then change the oil and plugs and give her a go. I'll sure to turn her over by hand and spray a little WD40 in the cylinders for good measure too. Fingers crossed. :cool:

Neal

Post a video walk around of it running, so we can all be nosey and live our lives vicariously through you (for a moment)!! Cause everybody loves uncovering all of the hidden treasures of a good garage find, right??

Good luck with it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember meeting Bob Peterson at the GS nationals back in the day when he had his original Six Shooter car. There was a decal on the roof of the car that looked like a bullseye with the caption "bang head here".

Neal

The ultimate sleeper. People with six figure exotics get really really sad when they get taken behind the wood shed with a car that looks like that. Kinda reminds me of Morgan's Project Blue Hair.

Looks like that project could use some fillers. I'll donate a set to the cause.

Mike B.

Mike,

That is a very generous offer. I might just take you up on it since the car does need paint. I'm not sure if it's in the budget to paint the car at this point. I'll get her running and work the bugs out first. :cool:

Neal

Wow the padded roof looks in great shape! Opera lamps and cornering lamps too! Any other rare options? What kind of seats/console?

Wow the padded roof looks in great shape! Opera lamps and cornering lamps too! Any other rare options? What kind of seats/console

Drew,

The car has cloth interior with the 60/40 bench seat. The seats and carpet are pretty decent but the door panels are faded and she needs a headliner.

Neal

Drew,

The car has cloth interior with the 60/40 bench seat. The seats and carpet are pretty decent but the door panels are faded and she needs a headliner.

Neal
Looks like a comfortable daily cruiser !

Guy's,

A quick update on the car. I did some work hoping to have her running last weekend. The good news is that the engine turns over smoothly by hand so I put some new plugs in with a set of wires and an O2 sensor. I dropped the gas tank to put in a new pump and is was beyond hope. :( Both the tank and sending unit were rusty and the tank was full of debris. I ended up ordering new parts. Hopefully I'll get the fuel system sorted out this upcoming weekend.

Neal

Good News! :cool:

Although it took a bit more effort than expected I got the car running. I had to swap out injectors as the blue tops that were in the car seemed to be gummed up pretty well. I bought a set of Bosch 868 injectors off Ebay and threw those in last weekend. Viola! she started up and purrs like a kitten! :D I'll post a video of her running soon.

Neal

I actually made it to a point where I could take a test drive. My wife caught the moment on video. Unfortunately it doesn't appear I can post it here. :confused: Needless to say the car runs and drives (not well) but it's making progress.

Neal

I actually made it to a point where I could take a test drive. My wife caught the moment on video. Unfortunately it doesn't appear I can post it here. :confused: Needless to say the car runs and drives (not well) but it's making progress.

Neal

You Tube it and add a link here?