Garage Advice new Build

Looks good the upstairs is going to give you a lot of room. What are your plans for the outside? At least it is under roof we had a pretty rough stretch of weather last few weeks. Once we get the drywall ceiling in I can finally get the inside warmed up and it should stay that way.

Looks good the upstairs is going to give you a lot of room. What are your plans for the outside? At least it is under roof we had a pretty rough stretch of weather last few weeks. Once we get the drywall ceiling in I can finally get the inside warmed up and it should stay that way.

Front is getting smooth stucco finish with veneer stone at the bottom. Vinyl siding on the gables don’t know what I’m gonna do with the block out back or the sides. I might just paint it? Not too worried about it. Want to get the inside done first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got the ceiling in and the attic all sealed off and the place fully insulated. Just in time too its supposed to be sub-zero here this week. Nice and toasty now lol!

Attachments

• 0127191701.jpg
    0127191701.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
  • 0127191702.jpg
    0127191702.jpg
    864.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 0127191702a.jpg
    0127191702a.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 131
  • 0127191702b.jpg
    0127191702b.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 126
The walls are all closed up and we start taping and mudding this week. There are still a few small items I need to finish I have to run a larger gas line for the floor heater and finish up the plumbing and dump station for the washer/dryer.

I can't WAIT for paint!!

Attachments

• 27381.jpeg
    27381.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 0203191125a.jpg
    0203191125a.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 85
  • 0202191732.jpg
    0202191732.jpg
    855.7 KB · Views: 90
The walls are all closed up and we start taping and mudding this week. There are still a few small items I need to finish I have to run a larger gas line for the floor heater and finish up the plumbing and dump station for the washer/dryer.

I can't WAIT for paint!!
What did you use to insulate your garage door and how do you like it? I've been going back and forth on using a sandwiched reflective foil type material.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I can't WAIT for paint!!

Awesome news!!! It’s looking great!

It dried up enough here to finally get the rock and dirt work done so I can finish the landscaping around the shop.

0704eae2312cb87cfaedcbee828b3917.jpg
2ce15c1e91dbbfba0c329ba2cf280be3.jpg
61c0ac4e2eb2ae93cb8209a56025cf33.jpg

Looks good we unfortunately have to live with a mud pit for a backyard till Spring. The dog is traumatized she lost her bathroom lol

Looks good, I thought we were moving along at a good pace you got a ton done, when did you start November? We broke ground 11-15 and will likely have paint on the walls by 2-15.

I just got an insulated garage door nothing special.

Yeah November. I still feel like it’s never done though trying to get it organized and finishing up landscaping. I am working out of it now though

Well its been a busy month since my last post. I think I left off after we got most of the drywall board hung. Next up we had to finish the mechanicals which got complicated once I decided to install a washer/dryer. The gas line running up from the basement in the house was only 1/2" and it was a 75' run to were I planned to put the heater for the floor heat 1/2 wasn't going to cut it as far as feeding a boiler for the floor. So we ran a 1" line up to the attic and installed a manifold to run 3/4 down to the new heater and two 1/2 lines to the existing heater and the dryer. We also only had a 1.5" drain for the sink we had to make work for the washer. It tested well with a hose and should work fine for what I am planning to do with it. We enclosed everything is a bump out wall that blended in well in the original garage.

oDp8ASi.jpg

v9yiCF0.jpg

Myvy94w.jpg

itX3YSd.jpg

Once that was done I brought in a different crew to finish the drywall, what I mess I really hate this part.
2KOwyNy.jpg

BeI1GZe.jpg

iLF0Ptf.jpg

Now the fun stuff, we got the LED lights and fan hung and started painting. The difference between the LED and the old T8 flourecents in the original garage is unreal, you would think the old garage is a cave compared to the new lights. The fan has a 7'span so I had to mount it a little offcenter toward the front of the garage so it doesnt interfer with the lift.

2ylVWSp.jpg

Qxrvwfv.jpg

VCVH1WY.jpg

JAz1NlD.jpg

And here we are as of today. I finished up the paint in the new garage yesterday but still have the original garage to do. I used a semi-gloss industrial paint from Sherman Williams on the lower half which should hold up well and be able to wipe down. I am running a 5" stripe in carbon fiber in the middle with black plugs and SS plate covers all of which I am still waiting to show up. The New Age cabinets will hopefully got up next weekend. I got a 12 pc Bold series set that I am breaking up to mount in various places throughout the garage. They are pretty nice, I wanted the heavier duty pro-series but with what I plan to do the Bold actually fit better dimensionaly and TBH are really nice and not sure the pro-series is worth it for what I plan to use them for.

The next step is cleaning the floor and sealing it with Ghostshield Lith-Tech 4500 denisifer then 7 days later I will seal it with the 8510 which should make the floor impervious to oil spills.

3j3QXSt.jpg

BB9Mnur.jpg

MRP8uHz.jpg

q2BPJbm.jpg

Pic of the outside, still have to pour the new driveway and I have enough cleaning and landscaping to keep me busy most of this summer!
CatsReT.jpg

Looks great. Really nice job. I like the two tone paint, I'll be doing the same to mine shortly.

I particularly like the pic of the dog overseeing the drywall process. Lol.

I am so DONE with drywall dust, that shit makes such a mess and since I have an attached garage it is all through the house in addition to the mud from the yard being tore up that the dog refuses to stay out of!

But in the end it will all be worth it!

I am down to just applying the floor sealer and densifier which goes on with a garden sprayer so all the heavy work is finally done and I can start moving my stuff in and setting up shop permanently next weekend after the sealer dries.

The paint came out nice the black stripe is actually carbon fiber vinyl which just looks black in the pictures. There is still a small punch list of little things that need taken care of which I plan to finish up during the week and hopefully I can get the final inspection done soon.

I got all the wall cabinets hung and can start on the workbenches. I am planning to build one under the TV out of a pair of HF 44" toolchests which are on order. I have one other 8' bench top I had in my old garage I am going to use under the double windows. I am planning to build a steel top table for fab work and welding. I picked up a new AHP Alpha 201XD Tig welder to use for the workbench and table projects. It should be here next week. Hopefully it is as works as wonderful as all the reviews the price is definitely right!

Next project is running the air lines. I have a Maxair 3/4" kit from rapid air I am planning out now. I still need a decent compressor but have a small one I can use for now. Debating on which to buy first the compressor or the lift.

Attachments

• 0323191845.jpg
    0323191845.jpg
    778.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 0323191846.jpg
    0323191846.jpg
    728.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 0323191848.jpg
    0323191848.jpg
    503.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 0323191847.jpg
    0323191847.jpg
    591.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 0306191851a.jpg
    0306191851a.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 65
Coming along great. I like the flat screen. Makes me realize I should drop a catv line in mine before we finish it up.

It's going to look amazing when the floor is done.

Thanks, the floor is still wet in those pics above the sealer isn't going to change the way it looks much if at all. Sticking with basic concrete no epoxy job. The floor would need ground first anyway so I may consider it in the future.

BTW I was looking at your slippery slope thread, save your money just fix your stock motor, put valve springs on it if you haven't already. I would upgrade the entire fuel system and add a 67mm turbo with the proper TQ converter that and a good set of tires are all you really need to have a 10s car. If you plan to go faster then start looking at the motor but IMO I would upgrade the fuel mgt to an aftermarket setup before doing that and you will seriously need to consider safety equipment at that point. The safety equipment is what makes it a "race" car and not a street car. There is nothing daily driver about spools, roll cages window nets and 5 pt harnesses!

Next project is running the air lines. I have a Maxair 3/4" kit from rapid air I am planning out now. I still need a decent compressor but have a small one I can use for now. Debating on which to buy first the compressor or the lift
If you have some air already , get the lift first . It's so much easier to work on the car with it , even without air tools , cordless impacts are your friends .