Garage Advice new Build

I actually have several of the 1986 bad to the bone dealership posters if anyone is interested in one LMK. I am going to frame one for the garage and I think I have like 5 of them and I am going to sell of the extras. Not sure what they are worth?
cqMUjCd.jpg
Yes, I'd love to have one of those for my garage. Let me know how much you want? Ask Dennis what he thinks they are worth. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’ll take one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually have several of the 1986 bad to the bone dealership posters if anyone is interested in one LMK. I am going to frame one for the garage and I think I have like 5 of them and I am going to sell of the extras. Not sure what they are worth?
cqMUjCd.jpg
Yes, I'd love to have one of those for my garage. Let me know how much you want? Ask Dennis what he thinks they are worth. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’ll take one as well.

I think this was already suggested, consider adding vapor barrier BEFORE you add stone and steel mesh grid or tied rebar. make sure the rebar is elevated in the pour or that they are pulling up the mesh grid with a garden rake during the pour if not using elevated stand-offs for the reinforcing grid.

Vapor barrier will prevent ground moisture permeating thru the slab.

I think this was already suggested, consider adding vapor barrier BEFORE you add stone and steel mesh grid or tied rebar. make sure the rebar is elevated in the pour or that they are pulling up the mesh grid with a garden rake during the pour if not using elevated stand-offs for the reinforcing grid.

Vapor barrier will prevent ground moisture permeating thru the slab.
My GC said this will be standard. We did look into the foam barrier too but not sure it the floor would need further excavation. Thanks for the advice.

Well we got another reprieve from the rain today and they were able to finish the block work. It would be framed this week but we have rain and snow in the forecast for the entire week. Again, why am I building this in Ohio and not South Carolina? LOL!!
DH5AQhc.jpg

M9FwXzD.jpg

W20RkBB.jpg

glad you have a GC who knows what they are doing and not some guys doing concrete work this week and next week they are electricians. work is progressing nicely.

My contractor does concrete work but he is better at framing. Just had the glulam beams installed about 1200 lbs each and the iron beams over the garage doors. Once the 10x2 are in for the 2nd floor then the block work will continue to the top.

Well we got another reprieve from the rain today and they were able to finish the block work. It would be framed this week but we have rain and snow in the forecast for the entire week. Again, why am I building this in Ohio and not South Carolina? LOL!!

W20RkBB.jpg

Where the new brick meets the existing house, it should've been done different. You want the new brick "toothed" into the old brick. You do not want a butt joint. It'll give you problems years later. I've been on plenty of jobs were the GC did this type of work and water leaked through the butt joint joint. Was the new foundation pinned into the existing foundation?

Plus, you really want the snow/rain. Rain/snow is the best way to compact the freshly disturbed ground. You could do all compaction with machines but it'll never beat Mother Nature.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Thanks Billy, that is on my list to discuss with the GC tomorrow. They are coming to install all the drainage and downspouts in the morning.

My GC is a really good friend of mine. We have trained and raced triathlons for the last 5 years and did Ironman MD in 2015. I've swam, biked and run hundreds of miles with this guy and trust him pretty well.

Just a quick update. The weather has not been greatest but they keep making progress. All the drains are in it has passed inspection along with the foundation. They have the walls up and the steel beam comes tomorrow so the trusses should hopefully be up next and under roof soon after that. They are fixing the brick and stitching it in along with some other small issues with tying the front wall in the brick layers didnt address.
Zg0srk3.jpg

ahtsGV1.jpg

Just a quick update. The weather has not been greatest but they keep making progress. All the drains are in it has passed inspection along with the foundation. They have the walls up and the steel beam comes tomorrow so the trusses should hopefully be up next and under roof soon after that. They are fixing the brick and stitching it in along with some other small issues with tying the front wall in the brick layers didnt address.
Zg0srk3.jpg

ahtsGV1.jpg

Looking good! They are finishing mine up today. I am doing the electrical and plumbing so will hopefully be complete next week.

Zg0srk3.jpg

ahtsGV1.jpg

I didn't realize that you were removing the side wall of the existing garage and tying it all together . Nice . I want to add a single bay addition to my garage , but connect it with a 6' opening and double doors .

Yeah tying it all together will be nice but it comes with a price that's for sure, unfortunately a pole building out back was not an option in my neighborhood. The current garage space can now be used for actually parking cars lol! I plan to put the lift close to where the wall was which also frees up space in the new shop. The smaller 10' door space where the cabinets are now is where I plan to park my truck when its finished and my wife is going to get the big open spot so her and the kid can throw open to doors and pour out of the car without worrying about hitting one of my cars!!

I am also tying this project all together with a kitchen remodel too, we are building a new walkin pantry that is going to extend into the garage where the orignal entry door was. It will make the first garage bay shorter but I will still be able to get a small car in there but plan to put the quad/tractor in that space. Last year we moved the house entry down to the front and made a new mud room out of an existing room we never used. Moving the pantry is going to free up a ton of room in the kitchen and make the wife much happier! All about balance in life lol!
iR8soCp.jpg