Galaxy S3 /S4

buickruss

Im looking to replace my droid bionic phone. The last android update seemed to be a step backward.

Ive heard good things about the samsung phones. Anybody have comments? Battery life ok? Any other smartphones that have good clear voice transmission?

Well, if you like pretty, then the S3 or S4 will make you happy. The one thing that Samsung is noted for, and one of the best there is, is there displays. Be it a phone or TV or anything with a Samsung display it's top notch!!! However, with that said, and having worked in the industry for a great many years, Samsung would NOT be on my list of choices if it's radio performance were important to me. What you called voice transmission. Sub par IMHO.

OK, what have you used that was above par? maybe average would be good enough. I just hate the calls where I cant understand the person Im talking to, and vis-versa

Well, after 15 years in as a cell phone repair tech, there's really only two brands that I would consider owning. My priority is radio performance, that is to say talk and receive performance.
Those are:
1. Motorola
2. LG

Now, their displays, while very good may not have all the glitz and glamour of the Samsung displays, but I still like the performance.
I'm now using a Motorola RAZR MAXX HD android phone on Verizon service (the ONLY service provider I would ever consider) I was "born and raised" on CDMA and would never be foolish enough to part from it.
I traded in an LG DARE for it. And the wife still loves her simple 5 year old Motorola flip phone.

Ive been very happy with my S3 and I am a strong Samsung hater. Every phone of theirs I have owned before this one was absolute junk. The HTC One looks very nice as well.

When my upgrade comes up, I hope there is a new version of the Note out.. if so, thats the direction Im probably going to be going.

FWIW I just got the S4 and had the Droid Razr for 2 years and had multiple problems with it so Verizon replaced it with a "new" refurbished one and that had problems and my battery life sucked and I am not a gamer nor watched videos.

I used it for calls, text and check occassional emails that's it. I have always had Samsung phones and never had a problem the Droid was my first Motorola and I wasn't pleased with it.

I got Verizon to upgrade me 6 weeks early and so far I like the S4 and my battery life has been fine, I still don't know what the heck half the things do but as always I am amazed at these smartphones.
Just my 2 cents.

Can you Verizon users get the LG Optimus G Pro yet? Best bang for your buck with 5.5" screen and the quad core snapdragon processor. Same processor as the HTC One and S4. I like it much better than my previous S3. S3 and S4 is kinda small IMO.
Or if u can wait till September, the newest Note by Samsung will be available.

Joe

My son just got the S4 this weekend and he loves it so far. Seems like a nice phone and has a lot of nice features.

Idk about the s4 but this is my first samsung which is the note 2 which I believe. Samsung phones are great. I upgraded from a htc thunderbolt and wast impreased with it. I have had every phone maker out there cept apple and this has been the best all around phone. Bells amd whistles are great and the calling/voice is decent. I cant see myself not getting another samsung phone. And w the note I love the stylus/pen...

My wife has the S3 and has had nothing but problems. She can take a pic and the phone will shut itself down. We got a replacement phone twice and the same thing happens. She has to remove the battery and put it back in before it will turn back on. The provider has tried everything and nothing fixes the problem. I have googled the phone and found a lot of people are having the same problem. No more Samsung anything for me. And don't even get me started on their TV's. I don't know about the S4 but it doesn't matter it will be a LG phone next.

I was always a long time Motorola user. . This time I strayed and bought a Samsung note 2... I am very happy with this phone all around, the display, battery life, the reception is quite good (maybe my last Motorola was better for reception tough to tell. .)
Overall it is a solid phone. .

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

What kind of battery life ya'll getting from your S3/S4/note??? Honestly.
I'm still getting 3 days out of my RAZR MAXX HD. With the following caveat. It's powered on from 6AM to 9PM daily.

Ive been very happy with my S3 and I am a strong Samsung hater. Every phone of theirs I have owned before this one was absolute junk. The HTC One looks very nice as well.

When my upgrade comes up, I hope there is a new version of the Note out.. if so, thats the direction Im probably going to be going.
What kind of battery life ya'll getting from your S3/S4/note??? Honestly.
I'm still getting 3 days out of my RAZR MAXX HD. With the following caveat. It's powered on from 6AM to 9PM daily.

Any body that has a Galaxy S4 and want to root it, the go to this link below. It is a bootrom exploit that can not be undone. It has been achieved by the famous GEOHOT. You may know him from being the first to every JAILBREAK the iPhone via bootrom exploit and the SONY PLAYSTATION.

http://geohot.com/activeroot/

Samsung Note II here and it's kick ass phone upgraded from an HTC. Charge it about every 2 days on the average, unless I used it alot.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

my note battery is great as long i kill the running apps obviously. i am always in the basement w no service or very limited service so the phone is always searching for it but normal day its good...