G-Force trans crossmember

87national55

Any one using a g-force crossmember and if so what model did you go with for the 2004R? I noticed the T56 and the 400 should both work for the 2004r trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why you would want to use it. All of our exh systems go down the passenger side so clearance is not a problem. I have used them in a Monte Carlo for a v8 application and they are nice.

I don't know why you would want to use it. All of our exh systems go down the passenger side so clearance is not a problem. I have used them in a Monte Carlo for a v8 application and they are nice.

That’s the reason I want to use, cause they are nice. I’m restoring my GN, I like the style and “heavy duty” look. Just not sure which one to go with, trying to find out if any members have run them, and if so which one.

I think the reason not many have used them is they have the dual cut out and on our cars it looks like something is missing with them. In all the Buicks I have seen at BG and other places including 8 second cars all have had the stock cross member. Something else to consider is the stock cross member uses Rubber ends to secure the cross member to the frame and this helps quiet the chassis. There are eurothane ones available from HR. Hope this helps.

I think the reason not many have used them is they have the dual cut out and on our cars it looks like something is missing with them. In all the Buicks I have seen at BG and other places including 8 second cars all have had the stock cross member. Something else to consider is the stock cross member uses Rubber ends to secure the cross member to the frame and this helps quiet the chassis. There are eurothane ones available from HR. Hope this helps.

Yes thanks for the info... I ended up buying the 400. With the resto it looks good with the frame and I can say it looks a lot nicer then stock.

Sounds good, post up some pics when its all buttoned up. Good luck with the build.

Sounds good, post up some pics when its all buttoned up. Good luck with the build.

5109d2d9847dd285877af6499c0dca2e.jpg

Here you go

That looks great. Question for you on the 400. Is that a Chevy pattern with adapter plate or BOP pattern trans?

Thank you. I’ve been looking for a good deal on a 400 but seems like 95% that I find already built are Chevy pattern.

Fits nicely on the 2004R... only concern but I think I be ok is that pan to crossmember clearance.
653b049ded08fd27d21a838f595d0c12.jpg