G Bodyparts.. thumbs down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

utleybanshee

:mad: i ordered parts from them last monday.. They said i would have them thursday as im in south carolina.. they give me a tracking number tuesday... It doesnt work call them wednesday they give me same tracking number and it still didnt work.. Called them last friday... o we were waiting on the knock gauge to get here before we shipped the stuff?? :eek: .. Another note talked to Brian that wednesday and found out he buys and sells cars. i tell him im looking for a 87 astro or t-top he says he has both and will take pictures and email them to me.. I told him i have an 84 t-top with 87 drivetrain and an 87 hardtop.. he tells me to send him pics. So i do later that day.. Well he never sends his pics.. Call him friday also and said whats up with the pics.. he says o i've got an 87 t-top on the trailer right now.. i'll snap a few pics and send them your way.. Wow as of today no pictures of his cars for sale, and the tracking number they sent me a week ago still sayn that the shipment hasn't been picked up.. WTF

:mad: i ordered parts from them last monday.. They said i would have them thursday as im in south carolina.. they give me a tracking number tuesday... It doesnt work call them wednesday they give me same tracking number and it still didnt work.. Called them last friday... o we were waiting on the knock gauge to get here before we shipped the stuff?? :eek: ..

I'm sure you're going to get 28375927359823989 defending gbody...

But, yeah sounds all too familiar,
a while back i ordered a knock gauge, and several other parts,
one of which was needed asap,
so they charge my card, send me an inactive tracking number.

2 weeks go by, i emailed twice with no response in that time,
after the 2 weeks, still waiting with no reply and card charged,
send a 3rd email that's finally answered that theyre waiting on the knock gauge.
wonderful service...

I've ordered from them a couple of times before and my stuff was a bit slow in getting to me, which has caused me to shy away from them since then, but this past Sunday I went to order a set of variable-rate rear springs from Kirban and their site was down. For whatever reason my impatience got the better of me and I ordered them instead from GBodyparts. I didn't expect them to get to my order on Monday due to the holiday but I just got an email from FedEx an hour and a half ago with a working tracking number and it says my springs are well on their way to me and should be here tomorrow.:eek: So far I'm impressed and very happy with them this time around--will post feedback for them in my own thread here when my order arrives. Hope everything works out for you utleybanshee...

I have been waiting over a month for the lower seat foam cushion so my interior guy can finish????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :rolleyes:

Have to say I am very frustrated with them!!!

Guys I guess Caspers can speak up. When we get off the wall combos for Knock gauges we order them. They normally ship pretty quick to us.
We have black face black trim, white face black trim in stock. We had 3 black face black & silver trim in stock & ran out.

Jarrett Ut. We told you Friday your entire order was ready but a Knock Gauge. If it wasn't in by Monday we would ship it as not to hold up your order. Well Monday was Memorial day. My mistake. It did ship yesterday. I will not post your tracking # for privacy reasons. Of your 15+ items we were waiting one 1 that was shipping to us. We generate a tracking # when your card is charged & parts are being pulled. That way when we are ready to ship everything is there.

You asked for pics of a few different cars. We have close to 100 in stock. We have been organizing all the GN's in 1 section according to roof options. Then T's acccording to color & roof options. Monte's, Olds, etc..

sugarandopium not sure what your name is. So it makes it tough to respond to your exact situation. If you order parts & we have to special order something or drop ship we charge your card before we place it. Not sure of any company that has to special order or drop ship something that doesn't charge before they do that.

turbo nasty: Jason I have been frustrated with you for a while. Just trying to get you finished & be done. Your inability to package something becomes my headaches. Then wanting discounts over discounts because you don't know how to ship something for a partial swap.

JST A 6 you shipped yesterday. We came in Memorial day & worked so orders wouldn't be backed up. Knowing no one would be here to pick them up.

I think you can see by number of posts lately I haven't been on the board in the last 2-3 weeks. Only reason I saw this is because it was e-mailed to me.
Makes no sense to me to call every day get a response then post. If you didn't want to wait for the knock gauge back on Tuesday we would have shipped everything but the knock gauge.

I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I did order some LCA's from them but it took an inordinate amount of time to get them. But really, the parts were dropped shipped from another vendor and an email from the source had a plausible explanation. Got the parts soon after.

I did order some throttle shaft seals and a vacuum block from them last night so we will see...:smile:

turbo nasty: Jason I have been frustrated with you for a while. Just trying to get you finished & be done. Your inability to package something becomes my headaches. Then wanting discounts over discounts because you don't know how to ship something for a partial swap.

Was Going to bite my tongue but these claims are just wrong. My rant that you are responding to was the foam and nothing else.

In my defense....
Header panel trade has been going on since last year, seat foam for well over a month. 2 seperate purchases only link is my request for a price break on both.

My rant I spoke of is the seat foams which you have been paid in full for and is seperate from this other business we have done.

Discounts ? you gave me 2....I asked for a price break and you gave it, thanx.
10% off the seat foam (i have 3 outta the 4 and have paid for all) and a prce break on the tubular upper control arms done through a header panel trade that was crushed by fedex.

The fact that it had to be a 1 piece box for the claim to be good, well that info was not said to me. You mentioned a 1 piece box but the lil tidbit of the if its not in a 1 piece box and its a claim it will be denied, I was not told.

The 2 boxes were not damaged that the header panel was in, it was packed superbly. it was crushed by somthing put on it during transit.
You are turning this around like I cant package something, that is not the case. Lets be fair about all of this and as far as asking for a price break.
I sent you some business that bought near a grand in used parts from you and asked for the price break on the stuff (foam and arms) due to that. You agreed and turn it around like im mr. flea market yard sale bartering guy.

You were nice enough to take care of the shipping on the arms to me and header panel to you. Cant argue that and thank you for it.
But im out $275 on the header panel, one piece of foam is MIA.
Foam.....Last I heard 2 weeks ago it was coming form somewhere else other than the maker, then it coming from the maker. Please... just want some answers Brian.

My email is down at work due to lightning so please call me and lets work this out.
Please make some time.....Please call me. I have called countless times and emails dont always get returned.

Thanx

Brian is a great guy, cut him some slack, we just got off of a big holiday weekend. Brian is not a guy that tries to do somebody wrong intentionally, Ive known him since I first ordered from him 4 years ago and he helped me as much as he could. just my 2 cents, but good luck everyone.

I'm sure Brian is a big boy and is capable of defending himself. There is no need for every guy on the board who ever bought something off him to defend him, or critisize him. This is the feedback forum where buyers and sellers can speak their grievances without everyone ganging up on them. Ive seen it happen to buyers and vendors. If you arent personally involved with the transaction stay out of it. Dave

I'm sure Brian is a big boy and is capable of defending himself. There is no need for every guy on the board who ever bought something off him to defend him, or critisize him. This is the feedback forum where buyers and sellers can speak their grievances without everyone ganging up on them. Ive seen it happen to buyers and vendors. If you arent personally involved with the transaction stay out of it. Dave

thank you mr moderator, its apparent that he did defend himself. I was just posting my experience, ill be sure to start a new thread next time. :rolleyes:

I have delt with Brian in the past, and I am currently dealign with him alot more now that I work for Big Wood. He is under alot of pressure right now during his move.
Just thought I would chime on an say, he is an ease to deal with, and always makes things right. Which reminds me, Ill be calling you monday to order some more stuff.
Jeff

Thank goodness someone had the ballz to say it... If I did I would be protecting him:rolleyes:

This is really for an INDIVIDUAL complaint or comment...

If you have a problem start your own thread and I am sure it will be worked out...

damn i didnt.. this was gone turn into this.. well update i got mystuff thanks brian.. still wanna get some prices and pics of 87s

I'd have to disagree with that. It's a public forum for anyone to read and comment on as long as ur a participating member.

Feedback is exactly that, feedback. Some members are just plain stupid and post things about members or vendors that is either false or plain ignorant. If the vendor is being accused of not doing the right thing then the vendor of course is going to refute that the best they can when they respond to the post.

The credibility of what that vendor states to defend themselves is supported or unsupported by members who have dealt with that same vendor.

How many people do you see defending Poston when a member is not satisfied with their service? Not many! Why? Because there has been more people screwed by them lately then helped. How would anyone know the validity of a Poston complaint if others didn't share their experience with that vendor?

Actually... If you read the sticky at the top of this forum you would have read,(and I quote)
"If you bought or sold something and had good or bad experiences you may post here.

IF YOUR NOT THE BUYER, THE SELLER OR DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE SALE DO NOT POST"

So, in other words THIS IS NOT a public forum to state your personal opinion. People that feel the need to defend or critisize a vendor should start their own thread as Shane has outlined above.
Buyers or sellers should have the right to voice their experiences without fear of retaliation from other board members supporting their friends. Dave

Also in the sticky at the top of the forum Shane states:

Guide lines for Negitive Threads about members and vendors:

When a member makes a negitive thread about a vendor or member The ONLY replys allowed in the thread are the member who made/started the thread and the member or vendor who he or she is having a problem with , all other replys good or bad WILL BE DELETED.

Just stating the outlined facts. I'm not bias for either parties in this thread.
In fact I shouldnt even be posting because I'm not directly involved with this sale. :biggrin: Dave

kirban 2 cents worth

Their is another issue that has entered the inventory situation no matter what you buy from whoever. This is something that companies like us and others have never seen before with a bad economy that has yet to turn around.

Most companeis have cut down their inventory tremendousily so when companies like Gbodyparts and us and others are used to getting something in a usual time span now no longer happens. I just had one of our suppliers go under as they did work for Chrysler......I got a bunch of my stuff from them all incomplete plus about 50 lbs of parts not finished that was not even our stuff.

Hooker exhaust and bilstein shocks are now getting tough to get....companies get bought and sold whatever....eventually it affects things down the chain.

Our business is not a necessity business meaning its tough to make it as a full time with warehouse etc overhead, taxes, insurance. In the Turbo Buick world its really a narrow window of companies that cater a wide variety of products to that market.

Even when we place orders phones ring longer. GM prices they are in another world. Almost every time we order its a new price. Wierd when you think as a taxpayer we have given GM almost 20 billion to play with. The plastic upper dash panel trim is now $178 list price from GM! In 1987 it was $46.

I apologize if it appears I hijacked this thread, but my interest is making readers understand that another obstacle is now been thrown into the mix that 2 years ago was never an issue. Parts availability on a timely matter.

We are not like Walmart........

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Don't know all the answers, but hope we are part of the solution.

Dennis' post above really needs to be pulled out and sticky'd, or something similar to that. These complaints are going to keep coming in, but people need to be educated about what's going on with supply chain management right now....

Status
Not open for further replies.