FYI...2013 Shelby GT 500 goes 10.02 @ 142MPH with bolt ons only!

The ZL1 also has launch control and factory drag radials. I do wish it was slightly smaller and lighter. One thing to consider, Ford has only the Mustang platform to have to design, GM has the Corvette and Camaro for rwd street car performance.

from what I am hearing is that a lot of black cars like this are in Dealers showrooms. NO way I could live with black rims either !!!!

Heard that wed. night the car went 9.82 @145 but that's just a rumor!..... Probably be out at Atco this weekend!.....Aren't Black wheels easy to replace by a dealer if you're spending $60K+ for a new car?....LOLOLOL!

That 9.82 was just a rumor but Evolution posted this a hour ago....

We also have something big planned for our First 2013 Shelby GT500 that earlier today went 9.95 @ 142mph. We’re working on it over the weekend and will be back to the track early next week.
burnout.gif

The ZL1 also has launch control and factory drag radials. I do wish it was slightly smaller and lighter. One thing to consider, Ford has only the Mustang platform to have to design, GM has the Corvette and Camaro for rwd street car performance.
The ZL1 stock tires are Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar G2 tires (same as the Shelby as far as I know), not drag radials. I doubt seriously any factory out there could ever get away with DRs stock.

Also, the GT500 has launch control as well.

On the 9 second run...
564953_10151805640085648_330984124_n.jpg

I don't know for sure if this is legit, but it seems to be.

My friend thats a GM tech said he ran his hand over the tires of one that was sold out of the dealership and they were just as sticky as a drad radial. So they are not "techincally" drag radials but they are no ordinary street tires for sure. Regardless of how great the new Mustang is, it's still a Ford and there are pleny of people that don't care for them.

Regardless of how great the new Mustang is, it's still a Ford and there are pleny of people that don't care for them.

Exactly. Preference is the divider between these two cars. And those tires that come on either one are nice...

My friend thats a GM tech said he ran his hand over the tires of one that was sold out of the dealership and they were just as sticky as a drad radial. So they are not "techincally" drag radials but they are no ordinary street tires for sure. Regardless of how great the new Mustang is, it's still a Ford and there are pleny of people that don't care for them.
It's the same tire the GT500 has been running since at least 2011, if not 2010. Yes, they are pretty sticky. When I'd drive my GT500 through a parking lot, you could hear the tires picking up dirt and debris from the pavement. They may not be an "ordinary street tire" one would go out and buy for their SUV seeing has how they are rated to reach speeds in the 200 MPH zone, they don't hook nearly as well as a DR.

Yes, there are plenty of people that don't care for them simply because they are a Ford. Most of the time they spout this disdain without a second of seat time in one, too. IMO, that's about as ignorant as disliking a car because it has a gaudy gold bow tie on the front of it. But then again, I have never really understood "brand loyalists" anyway. A bad ass car is a bad ass car regardless of which camp produces it. Both the ZL1 & GT500 can definitely be classified as such without question.

If I were going to pick one to get for a long term ride, I'd take the GT500 due to the substantial power advantage, the more "tech" options available such as nav with Sync, and the better visibility from the cockpit. No, I haven't driven a ZL1. I am sure they are a blast. I do like the fact you can get an automatic if so desired (Ford should make this an option as well). But When I drive my 2010 Camaro SS, it feels like I am peering out from a periscope. The blind spots are horrid. And I am not sure what Chevy's obsession is with really short windows these days. Of course, that's not to bag on the Camaro entirely. It is a fun car to drive. It handles well. And it looks really good, too. The build quality is FAR superior to prior generations. Overall, I do like the car. Just not as much as the Stang.

UPDATED VIDEO.....Evolution 2013 Shelby GT 500 UNOPENED MOTOR, bolt ons goes 9.95 @ 142+ MPH at ATCO!

BTW, found this interesting by Evolution performance regarding the throttle on all stock 2013 Shelby GT 500's....

"It's not really a secret.. The factory tune limits the throttle from opening completely, only so much, and then closes it when it detects other things. Our tune eliminates all of that."

All these years rolling around on the garage floor trying to make the GN fast and this beast goes just as fast right off the dealers lot, damn that car is impressive, 125 mph, not even modified.
Mike