fwd roller and non roller cam parts in gn motor w/pictures

Does anyone know if PAC1201 springs would be too much for these lifters? I have springs in that are close to 1200's and am wanting to go a little stronger on the spring next year.

I have an extra set of dog bones and spider retainer, pulled out of an '87 Olds Delta 88. $50 shipped Paypal.
HPIM1328.JPG

Revisited this thread from a few years back. I wish I saved the pictures. I started to collect all the parts, life got in the way and i never did it. Now I'm building a 4.1, so this will happen. Looking at one of the weber or comp ductile iron cams to keep costs down.

considering it also. so lets keep this thread alive. I installed comp link-bar lifters back when this thread was active, and the whole setup is pretty "clickety". The link bars may be part of the noise, I'm not sure anyone has actually proven that idea.

My cam is a pretty mild (by today's standards) 212/212 (.300" lobe lift).

Bob

Ill BUMP it, seeing as these guys gave me the info I needed to convert mine.

October 2021, 88 buick century dogbone/spider setup, mid 1990s GM shorty lifters out of a Grand Am. Drilled and tapped two holes in the block, and used some sleeves as standoffs for the tray. Have pictures if anyone is interested.

considering it also. so lets keep this thread alive. I installed comp link-bar lifters back when this thread was active, and the whole setup is pretty "clickety". The link bars may be part of the noise, I'm not sure anyone has actually proven that idea.

My cam is a pretty mild (by today's standards) 212/212 (.300" lobe lift).

Bob
On my set up with the dog bones and retainer I run weber 218 billet roller cam...quiet no problems
never used link bars

Been selling off so extra junk, parts, etc, to fund this build. Wife isn't happy as she would rather spend the money on something else. I should be able to pick up the liters, dog bones and spider after xmas. Then to figure out a cam and get the timing set.

I've pickup up the lifters and spider, I need dog bones still. Anyone have some they wanna sell?

Still haven't found the dog bones. Would the 88-88 vin C 3.8 (balance shaft) dobones work? I don't have them in hand. All these threads all thepics are gone.