fwd roller and non roller cam parts in gn motor w/pictures

The 86 to 88 FWD VIN B and 3 timing chain will work on this application.....right? What do you do for a cam sensor and oil pump drive?

Unless you are using the FWD front cover with gerotor oil pump??? I'd like to see pictures of that adaptation!!

Hey there is a member here that has this gerotor pump. Hope he don't mind me posting his website.

78 Malibu Touring Coupe!

look on the left and click gerotor oil pump.

damn.. if someone would tool up and sell that gerotor oil pump setup, i bet they'd make a mint.
same with the roller cam swap- put it together as a kit, and watch them go out the door.

pictures-retainer studs

Pictures of studs to hold retainer.I used a 1/4" drill bit and 5/16-18 tap.I did not drill all the way through block,just enough to securely mount stud and use lock tight thread sealer.As you can see I will need to enlarge holes in retainer for it to line up on dog bones.Sorry so slow,but I only get to work on motor on weekends when I'm off.I'm using a buick after market roller cam,so thrust bumper is after market type.Once I finish enlarging retainer holes I will bolt on heads and use push rod length checker to get correct push rod length.I will be using high volume oil pump with front cover modifications.

Attachments

• my car 857.jpg
    my car 857.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 5,561
  • my car 858.jpg
    my car 858.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 5,525
  • my car 859.jpg
    my car 859.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 5,483
What pushrods are used with this setup, and is this a fwd roller cam or is it one of the roller cams available for the TBs?

Cam/Pushrods.

What pushrods are used with this setup, and is this a fwd roller cam or is it one of the roller cams available for the TBs?

The cam is a weber billet cam.I will use a pushrod checker to get correct pushrod length and order custom pushrods from comp cams.

The cam is a weber billet cam.I will use a pushrod checker to get correct pushrod length and order custom pushrods from comp cams.

After this is all done are you going to provide us with the specifications for the pushrod length?
Looking good btw.

Here is picture of ported intake.ported to felpro 1200 head gaskets to match heads.egr is also removed and blocked off.

Attachments

• my car 844.jpg
    my car 844.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 5,201
fwd roller cam parts

just need a few more odds and ends to finish this puppy.
70mm tb
head studs
solid roller cam nose gear w/chain
misc. $tuff
time,time and more time.(1wk off from work)(lol)

I'm also putting my street motor back together too,
for other gn I hope to get from a friend in the near future.:smile:

Here is a picture of sbc v8,roller lifters and dog bones.
I'm basically using this same set up for my gn motor.
"BIG" difference in price with same performance.

Attachments

• sbc roller lifters.jpg
    sbc roller lifters.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2,161
Wow, not bad. I don`t know if i will trust that sheet metal plate in your application at high rpm. I would focus more on bolting each lifter guide plate to the block with a 8mm grade 8 allien screw with a lock washer and LOC-TITE on the threads.

Wow, not bad. I don`t know if i will trust that sheet metal plate in your application at high rpm. I would focus more on bolting each lifter guide plate to the block with a 8mm grade 8 allien screw with a lock washer and LOC-TITE on the threads.

IMHO... the plate seems to work just fine in all GM cars with hyd. roller cams.... including the LT1's and LS1's....which definately turn more RPM than most would believe.....the plate itself is under 0 load.... it just holds the dogbones down... which hold the lifter from turning in the bore...

How many cars (there have probably been millions made since the plate spider was first used in the mid 80's) have you ever heard breaking the plate?

How many people have you heard have some issues with regular aftermarket rollers... both hydraulic or solid...?? You won't have to look too hard to find some that have broken link bars... the lifter turned sideways... and wiped out the cam... and other stuff inside their engine....Not saying this happens to everyone...

GM, Ford, and Chrysler all use the same (plate spider and dogbone arrangement) concept in their pushod roller lifter motors....

The concept is sound and proven IMHO.

fwd roller cam parts

I Agree!!

IMHO... the plate seems to work just fine in all GM cars with hyd. roller cams.... including the LT1's and LS1's....which definately turn more RPM than most would believe.....the plate itself is under 0 load.... it just holds the dogbones down... which hold the lifter from turning in the bore...

How many cars (there have probably been millions made since the plate spider was first used in the mid 80's) have you ever heard breaking the plate?

How many people have you heard have some issues with regular aftermarket rollers... both hydraulic or solid...?? You won't have to look too hard to find some that have broken link bars... the lifter turned sideways... and wiped out the cam... and other stuff inside their engine....Not saying this happens to everyone...

GM, Ford, and Chrysler all use the same (plate spider and dogbone arrangement) concept in their pushod roller lifter motors....

The concept is sound and proven IMHO.