Fuel tank "restoral"?

BoostMasterK

2 boys now, need more GNs
Anyone know of a fuel tank restoral place in NNJ area? I've heard these places can get the rust out of the inside and coat it with tin?

TIA

Mike [:)

getting the GN tank cleaned out isnt going to be easy there are baffle plates and a fuel pump bucket in them , odds are if you have rust your not too far from having holes,

spectrum makes a repro , i picked up mine for around 200bucks ,I've been told prices on new orders are going up on spectrum tanks based on popularity .

Appreciate the input. Normally a repro would be a consideration but it's for a GNX so I'd like to stay OEM if possible.

I'm also a little concerned about the GM baffling vs. dog dish issue with the repros, but a dog dish is better than a gas tank with pin holes in it ;)

You cannot do a Sealer on the inside becuase of the Plastic Bowl.
Unless a Tank Shop would split the tank and close it up again.

I have a Spectrum tank. To my eye, the dog dish appears relatively shallow. However, my car has never suffered from fuel starvation. For one thing, I'd never race it on less than 1/2 a tank, regardless of what tank I used. 10 gallons of gas weighs 60 pounds. Big deal...

The Deepness of our Bowls are 2 3/4"
We have Customer's who have them on Grand National's who Drag Race and do not have Fuel starvation. On a special request, we may take the original Tank, split it open, use the Plastic Bowl and use our 1/2 Tanks and re-install the Plastic Bowl in our Tank. But that can be a little pricy. Contact your closest SPI Distribution Center for price.

No dice

I called your distributor in Waterbury ("location 17") and they had no idea about that service or any labor involving an SPI gas tank.

Please email me direct and let's see if we can get a price.

Thanks,