Fuel system

84_t-type

I have a few questions about my fuel system. I am working on restoring my 84 t-type I am replacing all my fuel line with ss lines. I was under the hood looking at my fuel rails and lines up there and it dose not look good. I was wondering if i should replace it with a stock system or upgrade it. I'm not really setting it up to race just to have fun driving it. What type (brands) should I be looking at? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

Are you referring to the lines that run along the frame, or the ones that run up the front of the engine? ....or are you wanting to replace them all?

Well I have the lines that run along the frame. I am in the process of replacing them. I was referring to the one in the engine compartment. Here are some pics to show what i am talking about.

Attachments

• IMG_3822.JPG
    IMG_3822.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3823.JPG
    IMG_3823.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 181
Ok I will, Brad it dose look a lot cleaner. Brad on your fuel feed line what type do you have I am putting in stainless back to the tank, but am looking for an option on the feed line and return lines.

Are you talking about size? It's 3/8 feed
1/4 return
5/16 vent
Mine are stainless steel from summit. It comes in a roll so you have to bend and flare the ends

I was talking about the braided on that is on your fuel regulator. Is that the return line? I am asking because I am a noob and have not really paid attention to the details in the engine bay until now. This is the first time I have opened the hood on my ttype in 3 years.

I was talking about the braided on that is on your fuel regulator. Is that the return line? I am asking because I am a noob and have not really paid attention to the details in the engine bay until now. This is the first time I have opened the hood on my ttype in 3 years.
Na that's a vac hose with braided mesh on it

Mines just a stock one fabbed to be able to adjust it.....somewhat stock appearing :p

There's lots of venders that's sells adjustables and if you post in the parts wanted section I'm sure someone will sell you one as that's what I did

Hey one more thing I have installed my return and vapor lines. I was un screwing the brackets for the main fuel line and break lines (next to be replaced). I was looking at the replacement main fuel line and noticed it was in 2 sections. I was looking at the tag from the manufacture and it said 87 GN. Dose the newer GNs and t-types (86 and 87) have different fuel lines than the 85 and older or am I just missing something? I got the full break and fuel line kit from Right Stuff. The other 2 lines went in great and fit nicely and they had the same tag (for 87 GN).

Thanks

The 84-85 feed line is different than the 86-87.....the reason is the fuel filter placement. 84-85 is on the front of the motor below the coil pack. 86-87 it is mounted to the frame rail toward the rear of the car on the passenger side.