fuel system recommendation

Hello, this is my first time posting. I just got an 87 GN and am going to be slowly upgrading the car. Previous owner says that it should get a new fuel pump and hotwire kit installed. I was told i should go with a Deatschwerks pump but Im not sure what model or where to order one from. Also whats the best way to monitor fuel pressure? The car has no mods whatsoever, not even a Scangage. Thank u for any and all input.

Kirban sells a fuel pressure gauge that fits right to the fuel rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, this is my first time posting. I just got an 87 GN and am going to be slowly upgrading the car. Previous owner says that it should get a new fuel pump and hotwire kit installed. I was told i should go with a Deatschwerks pump but Im not sure what model or where to order one from. Also whats the best way to monitor fuel pressure? The car has no mods whatsoever, not even a Scangage. Thank u for any and all input.
Hello and Congrats to your new GN , A Walbro pump and hot wire kit and a fuel pressure regulator is almost a must on our cars . Its different ways to see what pressure you have . A mounted gauge will work , I have one on a hose that I can hook up and see what I have . And get a ScanMaster , Great tuning tool . Next think about a chip from Turbo Tweak , NOW enjoy one of the greatest cars made . Keith

Hello and Congrats to your new GN , A Walbro pump and hot wire kit and a fuel pressure regulator is almost a must on our cars . Its different ways to see what pressure you have . A mounted gauge will work , I have one on a hose that I can hook up and see what I have . And get a ScanMaster , Great tuning tool . Next think about a chip from Turbo Tweak , NOW enjoy one of the greatest cars made . Keith
Awesome! Thank u. I ordered a scanmaster and some new bfg t/a tires. Does the walbro 255 just replace the stock pump in the tank?

I use DW200 fuel pumps they can be ordered from Amazon
9-201-1000. Hotwire kit racetronix kit is what to use! Get a Accufab adjustable fuel pressure regulator as well. Turbo tweek chip and 60lb injector combo. These upgrades will get you on a good path for your car.

Kirban sells a fuel pressure gauge that fits right to the fuel rail.

Hello and Congrats to your new GN. A mounted gauge will work , I have one on a hose that I can hook up and see what I have. Keith

To elaborate, a gauge attached to a hose or braided line that mounts to the hood (via a hidden bracket) or one that can be held down by the wiper arm that you can see while driving to make sure your fuel pressure is increasing 1:1 with boost pressure.
Stock setup would be approx. 38psi (base) fuel pressure + 12lbs boost = 50psi fuel pressure.

If your fuel pump ever can't keep up, it's time for a new one.

I use DW200 fuel pumps they can be ordered from Amazon
9-201-1000. Hotwire kit racetronix kit is what to use! Get a Accufab adjustable fuel pressure regulator as well. Turbo tweek chip and 60lb injector combo. These upgrades will get you on a good path for your car.

Sweet! Thank u, is 91 octane gonna be enough for the car with that setup?

Run as high octane as you can find , Always
Have an older chip (Kenne Bell street 17lbs. boost) from the eighty's that worked well back when but was getting 3 to 6 degrees of KR on scanmaster at WOT. Put in 5 gallons of 104 unleaded to 10 gallons of 93 & KR went to 0. Woke the car up & has never run better. Do run high enough octane for your setup as that is very important to not damage your engine. Today's gas is not the same as it was from 30 years ago.

/\/\/\ Mike is the man. He will let you know what you need, and he sells a good product. The Racetronix units and hotwires are so well built and a true drop-in replacement.

Your stock pump may be enough for now. Start with a gauge and see where you are at. When the stock pump can't keep up the pressure at WOT, then it's time for a hotwire. More voltage = more flow = more pressure. As long as you maintain pressure you're good. Anything more just just gets returned to the tank. When that's not enough, then it's time for a bigger pump.