Fuel/spark... no start

It was checked at the rail and sprayed fuel all over. I haven’t verified the pressure but there is enough to start the car once I press the release on the rail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds out do time, mess with cam sensor a little. The car should continually crank esp cold.

How important is the orientation of the dot and the reluctor? I did the 1.45 past TDC. I’m just not sure the dot or reluctor are exact

Your probably gonna have to start over, do a search for setting cam sensor. Some the other guys explain a lot better than I do. Pop it out find the compression stroke on number 1 and go from there.

Guess the first question should be did the engine run before this issue? The other is did you remove the cam sensor?

Engine was just rebuilt. The engine has already ran but had a slight valve train chatter.. we figured out that it wasn’t primed correctly so we had to remove the sensor..

I know a lot has been written on how to set the cam sensor but I've done it by the factory manual for 33 years. I put the #1 piston 25 deg. ATDC, probe the center lead KOEO and turn the cam sensor CCW until the voltage drops. I never pay attention to how the sensor is installed physically because the computer doesn't give a damn. It's looking for the voltage drop (signal) when #1 is 25 Deg. ATDC. I did make a little harness to make this easy the first time I did it.

Here are some photo's. The engine is currently out of the car but I hope this shows how I do it.

Attachments

• Cam sensor timing.png
    Cam sensor timing.png
    908.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2020.JPG
    IMG_2020.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2021.JPG
    IMG_2021.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 123