Fuel Sensor for XFI

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
David Page with FAST gave the folllowing info to me today:

The GM Flex-Fuel Sensor PN is 12570260.

The wiring directions are, "The wiring is straight forward...power and ground to the sensor, signal to the XFI's Aux. (shaft) discrete input."

Conrad Carter

ps...This sensor is used by flex-fuel vehicles to tell the ECU which fuel is being burned. The GM list price is $612.20. You should be able to get it discounted to around $460. Ouch! It was available since 2000 in various GM vehicles. The list is included in other posts on the E85 Forum. Looks like some auto recycling yards will get a visit.

Guys and Gals,
Just got an e-mail from Jay at COMP (owns FAST).....they are working on a plug-an-play sensor that they will buy direct from the manufacturer (not GM) for this application. There has been some problems with calibration of the available sensor from GM. Should be worth the wait. Will keep you posted.
Conrad

One sold on Ebay yesterday for $367! IMHO, we all need to see what FAST comes up with before buying a GM sensor.
Conrad

Its not necessary if you ONLY run and tune it for E85.
It gives you the option to run E85 or premium fuel without a tune change

Still a good idea to get the sensor for correction. The contents of e-85 change from gas station to gas station, Myself have seen as low as .68 - .81 contents which will affect the tune if running high boost level and making good horsepower levels. E-85 should be .85, but again it can differ from station to station, and in most cases will. If you can afford the sensor it's a fail safe sensor.

Still a good idea to get the sensor for correction. The contents of e-85 change from gas station to gas station, Myself have seen as low as .68 - .81 contents which will affect the tune if running high boost level and making good horsepower levels. E-85 should be .85, but again it can differ from station to station, and in most cases will. If you can afford the sensor it's a fail safe sensor.

Is this the photo cell sensor I have been reading about? And is this sensor compatible with the classic FAST? Where and how is the sensor installed? Does it go inline with the fuel?

try a local salvage yard for the part here is a small list of vehicles that could have the part and where it's located on the vehicle this way you save lots of money and can get both sides of the pigtail so future replacing of sensor is easy

2000 - 2002
Chevy
S-10
2.2 L
Passenger side, front frame rail, behind wheel well
2000 - 2002
GMC
Sonoma
2.2 L
Passenger side, front frame rail, behind wheel well
Chevy
S-10