Fuel Sensor for XFI

Should the sensor be grounded separately or grounds using a pin on the xfi

Here is copy of e-mail from Kevin with FAST.
Conrad

Attachments

• XFI vs FlexFuel Sensor - Kevin Winstead-CompCams-4-11-2012.pdf
    200.8 KB · Views: 500
FAST Manual on Fuel Calc Parameters...see file below.
Gasoline Fuel Energy Constant (FEC) = 1.00 with stoichiometric A/F=14.7/1
E85 FEC = 0.680 with stoichiometric A/F=10.0/1

Fuel injector flow rate is still entered in lb/hr and does NOT change for different fuels!

Conrad

Attachments

• FAST SFI Manual - Fuel Calcs Parameters - Section 6.3.pdf
    73.5 KB · Views: 231
Boost231,
Sounds like you ground it to XFI per Kevin's instructions.
Conrad

ps...shoot him an e-mail if you want.

Is their a switched 12v I can use on the xfi so all 3 will be connected at the xfi

Is their a switched 12v I can use on the xfi so all 3 will be connected at the xfi
You can utilize the Switched Ignition Input wire that goes to B19. This it the pink +12V switched wire.
Depending on the mounting location of the XFI, you may also utilize the pink Pass Through wire. Currently, it's just a dead wire. It's not connected to anything on either end. However, you can splice one end of it to the +12V wire that goes to B19 and the other end to the sensor.
Thanks.
Kevin

asloan5,
Are you looking for FAST to confirm that the Ford sensor will work interchangeably with the GM sensor? FWIW, I asked the question in an e-mail to FAST guy this morning but have not gotten an answer to that question.
Conrad

IMG00083-20091208-1348.jpg

Getting ready to pull the trigger and go to E85. Have ordered 120# injectors and 40 micron SS filter element for post pump filter! Anyone know what these fittings are (Mustang photo @ Novi from page 2) that connect to the GM fuel sensor?
Conrad

asloan5,
Are you looking for FAST to confirm that the Ford sensor will work interchangeably with the GM sensor? FWIW, I asked the question in an e-mail to FAST guy this morning but have not gotten an answer to that question.
Conrad

they are almost identical both made by siemens. I forget the term I'm looking for with out doing some searching but wire the same way and the curve of voltage back / ethanol percentage is slightly different.

IMG00083-20091208-1348.jpg

Getting ready to pull the trigger and go to E85. Have ordered 120# injectors and 40 micron SS filter element for post pump filter! Anyone know what these fittings are (Mustang photo @ Novi from page 2) that connect to the GM fuel sensor?
Conrad

search on summit for gm fuel rail adapters they have several sizes. If I get out to the garage I will get you the part #'s....fwiw the inlet outer diameter is about .375 and outlet is .31-

asloan5,
Conrad
The Ford sensor is not compatible at this time.

Flex Fuel Sensor wiring to XFI is as follows:
Flex Fuel sensor Pin A signal goes to Pin B of XFI shaft connector
Flex Fuel sensor Pin B signal foes to 12v switched power supply
Flex Fuel sonsor Pin C sensor ground goes to Pin C of the XFI shaft connector

Most Buick guys are using an adaptor harness, so won't have a "shaft connector". That is why I stated to put the signal pin in A6 on the XFI.

FWIW: I don't know anyone who has tried a Ford sensor on the XFI. The only way I could see it working is if the output is EXACTLY the same as the GM.

The GM sensor calibration is the default cal when you select the flex fuel check box. If the Ford calibration is exactly the same, then it would work.
I discussed this with Brian as well. We agreed that until the Ford calibration is verified, that we would recommend the GM sensor. There's really no reason to not use the GM sensor. There is a plethora of them in the local salvage yards...just waiting to be used. :)
Thanks.
Kevin

Most Buick guys are using an adaptor harness, so won't have a "shaft connector". That is why I stated to put the signal pin in A6 on the XFI.

FWIW: I don't know anyone who has tried a Ford sensor on the XFI. The only way I could see it working is if the output is EXACTLY the same as the GM.

cal, did you get my email?