Fuel Sensor for XFI

I have not had a chance to install it but I was thinking about the return line also

I was just wondering if the Taurus sensor would work? A friend running E-85 in his supercharged Mustang is planning to install the Taurus fuel sensor in his car. He is using a FAST system as well.

The Flex Fuel Tauruses are easy to spot. They have a little green flag type emblem on the front fender aft of the front tire. And ONLY the 2 valve engines were Flex Fuel. They only made millions of these. They should be plentiful in the junkyards.

Conrad, please confirm if these are also usable when talking with Jay.

I just (11/26/2009) sent an e-mail to David at FAST asking about the Taurus sensors. Will let you all know when I get a reply.
Conrad
"Hot Air"

Wow! So, return fuel flows through the sensor? That is much more substantial than I had envisioned! At least we know what one looks like now.
Thanks for photo NOVI2000.
Conrad

Those ports look awfully small on the sensor. I wonder how much it would restrict a -8 line.

Those ports look awfully small on the sensor. I wonder how much it would restrict a -8 line.

Probably could just use a couple -8 "Y" fittings on the return with one side going through the reduced size sensor and the other staying -8an and then going back down to one.

Probably could just use a couple -8 "Y" fittings on the return with one side going through the reduced size sensor and the other staying -8an and then going back down to one.

Yeah I thought of that when I posted! Good idea! I need to start looking for one of these in the boneyard!

small ports

I presume that you are using a fuel pressure regulator.

If you have a bypass fuel pressure regulator, you would install the sensor in the fuel return line circuit. It will work well enough and won't restrict fuel flow to the engine.

If you have a bypass fuel pressure regulator, you would install the sensor in the fuel return line circuit. It will work well enough and won't restrict fuel flow to the engine.

I am using a fuel pressure regulator.

What do you mean by a bypass fuel pressure regulator?

Can someone explaine to me how this would get setup to work with XFI, parameter wise, settings ect...