Fuel Sender Float sensor repair/replacement

Wrath

I love boost
So as I was restoring my GN's interior this past week (new ignition, turn signal switches, steering wheel, speakers/radio, gauge cluster, ect.) I found that my fuel gauge on new cluster was pegging out above Full, meaning an open circuit from signal wire. Well I traced it down to the fuel float level sensor and dropped the tank for my first time. I pulled out the fuel sending unit and Ohm'd the violet wire connection directly on the float sensor and still nothing. Pried back the tabs that hold it in place and found that it was burnt!

Looks like a previous owner was probing the wiring harness connection in the trunk with Positive 12V for the fuel pump but hit the pink wire instead and destroyed the fuel float sensor...

Any chance that a replacement can be found online? Or maybe one of you have a spare unit that has this same float sensor cap (Stamped with the number "2"). I understand I could just replace the whole fuel sending unit, but, as DIY'er and college student on a budget I was looking to spend that $100 on a new sending unit elsewhere...

Thanks for your time

IMG_20180908_172452.jpg

IMG_20180908_181240.jpg

Thanks Jerryl just what I was looking for! I might be able to rivet the racetronix level sender to the existing bracket.

I tried to order a digital dash resistor from them a few years ago on line, they called to tell me the order was cancelled because I didn't order the fuel hanger assembly as the resistor is not a direct bolt on replacement.

I couldn't order the fuel hanger/ sending unit / fuel pump assembly with the digital dash resistor, only as an addition and replace it myself.

Since you said fuel gauge pegged I assume you have an analog dash. If this is the case, I have the left over analog resistor that came with my setup that you can have for free if you would like to retrofit it onto your sender. If you would pay shipping and PP fees I can ship it tomorrow.
PM sent

Cheers,
George

I tried to order a digital dash resistor from them a few years ago on line, they called to tell me the order was cancelled because I didn't order the fuel hanger assembly as the resistor is not a direct bolt on replacement.

Yeah looks like they want proof of ownership of a racetronix hanger or they won't sell you the level sender... which I would have just retrofitted to my stock fuel sender anyway.

I'd be more than grateful for your extra analog resistor!
Pm replied