Fuel Return Line swap

TylerDurden

Jack's Smirking Revenge
I managed to cross thread my return line from the FPR and need to swap it out with a good one, problem is, I cant see how I am suppose to do this without taking off the alt and power steering hardware, I have all the wiring harness stuff out of the way, and vac block lines as well, but it will niether pull up or down, i have tried twisting this way and that....no luck....

am I missing something, or am I going to be pulling off the alternator and stuff?

its clamped down to the fuel pump cover plate bolt .
remove the belt
pull the two bolts acessable through the PS pulley holes and the pump will move out of the way and you can get at the fuel pump cover clamp bolt easier, should be able to replace it once the clamp is free

fuel pump cover? in the engine bay? i am not sure what you are referring too as the fuel pump is in the tank......

the timing cover is the same for turbo or carb 3.8s ,
the fuel pump on the carb car is mechanical and mounts on the driverside of the timing cover.
on the turbo there is a plate covering the hole that is held on with two bolts , the first bolt youll see holds the clamp for the fuel and return lines as well as a clip for the crank sensor wires
remove the bolt

thanks, i got it....do i HAVE to put the bracket back on? will vibration possible lead to issues later, or can i leave that POS off :p

and while I am down here i am trying to get the stock IC bracket off near the crank pulley, it appears its a nut bolt setup, where i got the nut loose about 3 turns, then it started turning with the bolt....but i can not seem to find the rear of the bolt to get a wrench on it....

man its tight in this area, and damn its dirty...17 years of sludge.....:)