fuel requirements for 800hp

V6BEAST

Escaped mental patient
Donations
$40.00
I have been working on redoing my fuel system. I really have been thinking about doing it this way since I have 120# injectors and the ecuGN then change it up when I do the big upgrades on the motor (TA heads, replacing the TA-6262 with a bigger turbo).

What do you do for a fuel filter vs the stock filter? Do you run a flex fuel sensor?

I have most of the parts to do the -6/-8 lines but still need some fittings to do it the way I want but I can shelve that till I get the other
This is the filter I went with.
I don't run E85, too hard to find around here.
But I would guess the flex sensor would be needed, if you were changing back and forth between E85 and pump gas on a regular basis.

87_gn2fast4u

I'm laying out a new fuel system for the new to me motor. Its a forged and girdled 109 running on pump gas w/alky, 8.7cr, 216/219 roller cam, cnc series GN1 iron head, 6466BB precision turbo, 124lb injectors, and TR6 ignition. I've gotten a lot of info from this thread. Fuel system for 800hp
I'd really like to keep the stock gas tank and in tank pump, but the general consensus seems to be that a double pumper isn't as reliable as a big single pump..so the one I'm looking at is the Weldon 1100-A, 100 micron fuel filter, and an Aeromotive A1000 regulator.
So far, I'm planning on running 10an feed from the tank to the pump and filter, then on to the engine where it splits off to dual 8an lines going to the fuel rails. Then, 8an return from the rails to the FPR...and 8an back to the tank. How does this sound? Looking for any ideas or critique as I want to make sure this fuel system is adequate for the new motor. Thanks.
I wouldn't use a Walbro pump on an 800+ hp car! In fact, I wouldn't use any in-tank pump at that performance level. Weldon is a great pump, so are Aeromotive pumps. With either one you can't go wrong. Also maintenance is very easy with external pumps.

Reggie West

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
None of those pumps matter a damn bit past 500 hp if you are running pump gas and alky.

To make 800 hp running both fuels you need a dual nozzle alky set up from Julio. That is what is going to get you to 800 hp not a Hellcat pump on 91 octance.

Your in tank pump will need to be able to support about 500hp and then maintain it, the alky pump is what will support that much horsepower.

Believe it or not you will not be adding much fuel past 10 psi and above on your fuel tables.

longbedGTs

high on gas fumes
Donations
$50.00
If you are going for 800 hp you better be deep into tuning.

That may be something to look into later. It looks like the ECU GN runs Tunerstudio with the autotune feature. I run the same program in my Turbocoupe. Very neat and easy to use.

ttypewhite

but the general consensus seems to be that a double pumper isn't as reliable as a big single pump..

That statement is false. The double pumper system is very reliable. I have been running mine for over 8 years now and still going strong. I'm at a 61% duty cycle on pump gas and alky at 24psi on the street making well over 800 rear wheel hp. If I haven't outgrown this setup in my car, this will be more than enough for you. If you want to retain the factory tank this is a fantastic system that is proven. I won't get into any comparisons with brushless pumps as I have no experience with them. Either one will get you to where you want to go but your general consensus on the double pump system is far from accurate.

Remove Ads From TurboBuick.Com

Yearly amount needed to remove ads from TurboBuick.Com
Goal
$12,000.00
Received
$2,246.00