fuel requirements for 800hp

longbedGTs

high on gas fumes
I'm laying out a new fuel system for the new to me motor. Its a forged and girdled 109 running on pump gas w/alky, 8.7cr, 216/219 roller cam, cnc series GN1 iron head, 6466BB precision turbo, 124lb injectors, and TR6 ignition. I've gotten a lot of info from this thread. Fuel system for 800hp
I'd really like to keep the stock gas tank and in tank pump, but the general consensus seems to be that a double pumper isn't as reliable as a big single pump..so the one I'm looking at is the Weldon 1100-A, 100 micron fuel filter, and an Aeromotive A1000 regulator.
So far, I'm planning on running 10an feed from the tank to the pump and filter, then on to the engine where it splits off to dual 8an lines going to the fuel rails. Then, 8an return from the rails to the FPR...and 8an back to the tank. How does this sound? Looking for any ideas or critique as I want to make sure this fuel system is adequate for the new motor. Thanks.

BEATAV8

The Engine Whisperer
I'm laying out a new fuel system for the new to me motor. Its a forged and girdled 109 running on pump gas w/alky, 8.7cr, 216/219 roller cam, cnc series GN1 iron head, 6466BB precision turbo, 124lb injectors, and TR6 ignition. I've gotten a lot of info from this thread. Fuel system for 800hp
I'd really like to keep the stock gas tank and in tank pump, but the general consensus seems to be that a double pumper isn't as reliable as a big single pump..so the one I'm looking at is the Weldon 1100-A, 100 micron fuel filter, and an Aeromotive A1000 regulator.
So far, I'm planning on running 10an feed from the tank to the pump and filter, then on to the engine where it splits off to dual 8an lines going to the fuel rails. Then, 8an return from the rails to the FPR...and 8an back to the tank. How does this sound? Looking for any ideas or critique as I want to make sure this fuel system is adequate for the new motor. Thanks.
A Hellcat 525L/hr pump would be much more than enough, and it's a reasonably good match to 124lb injectors.
The racetronix / full throttle speed kits would save you some time and make setup / install easier.

V6BEAST

Escaped mental patient
A Hellcat 525L/hr pump would be much more than enough, and it's a reasonably good match to 124lb injectors.
The racetronix / full throttle speed kits would save you some time and make setup / install easier.
That's the way I went. $1000 into the hole system. New tank (had it powder coated), 525 pump, hot wire kit, feed and return (PTFE braided), and all the fittings. Everything except the regulator, I use my Kirban FPR.

525LHP pump
At a base pressure of 43.5PSI + 30LBS boost (73.5PSI fuel pressure) this pump will support apx. 900FWHP @ 13.5VDC with a 20% safety margin. Information strait from RaceTronix site.

Last edited:

dynoman

This pump will supply all your fuel needs even if you went to E85 . It is quiet and has a built in controller to vary pump speed with the 5v signal from the TPS or MAP , 3 wire hook up , power , ground & signal to TPS or MAP .
I'm revamping my tank & pumps and this is the pump I'm going to use .

Pronto

You can't knock them up with spit.
I would go smaller on the micron filter. The 100 is probably better for race fuel from drums. Pump gas I would go with 10 microns. Much more chance of unwanted particles in the fuel and you don't want them in your injectors.

hemi8

Goin Sideways
Stock tank, Racetronix twin pumps w/AN fitting outlets + their Teflon fuel lines. Aeromotive FPR, Racetronix fuel filter.

longbedGTs

high on gas fumes
That hellcat pump and hanger looks like a winner...and will hopefully get the gas gauge working again. Do you think it's better to run a 10an feed with 8an return, or 8an feed with 6an return?

TireFryer

The New Kid
Isn’t the stock block limited to about 650 hp… cracks at the cam journals. Block literally cracks in half??? Girdled or not?? I don’t know everything and I know a lot of people make way more power than that but… just wondering..
FD1BCCAB-2DC3-4B85-A351-415E769E1651.jpeg
886264A6-0CAC-48EB-9A75-74B194CBE883.jpeg
75289A30-34ED-4690-93B2-F6553262B82B.jpeg

V6BEAST

Escaped mental patient
That hellcat pump and hanger looks like a winner...and will hopefully get the gas gauge working again. Do you think it's better to run a 10an feed with 8an return, or 8an feed with 6an return?
-8 feed and -6 return will be fine with PTFE Teflon line.
Build your own fuel line kit using RaceTronix parts and save yourself $300

toomanymodz

I ran a Racetronix double pumper with stock fuel lines along the frame. In the engine bay I ran #6 feed and #4 return. The 2nd fuel pump would turn on at 10psi boost.

BRAD_PADGETT

I use stock fuel lines with Hellcat fuel pump and 120 inj. Use ecugn to slow pump down at low rpm. No need to change fuel lines.

V6BEAST

Escaped mental patient
I use stock fuel lines with Hellcat fuel pump and 120 inj. Use ecugn to slow pump down at low rpm. No need to change fuel lines.
$2000 ECU vs $200 fuel lines?
Unless he plans on getting real deep into tuning, that's a high dollar variable resistor.

TType85

I have been working on redoing my fuel system. I really have been thinking about doing it this way since I have 120# injectors and the ecuGN then change it up when I do the big upgrades on the motor (TA heads, replacing the TA-6262 with a bigger turbo).

What do you do for a fuel filter vs the stock filter? Do you run a flex fuel sensor?

I have most of the parts to do the -6/-8 lines but still need some fittings to do it the way I want but I can shelve that till I get the other parts.

dynoman

Last edited:

Fat Nat

The aero motive brushless pumps are beasts. Just put a sump in the tank new lines -8 -6 will work or just do -10 -8 now so when the stock motor shits the bed and you build a gangster stage 2 you won’t have to change anything. Just sayin..