Fuel Rail cap?

0-60n4

I currently have a mechanical fuel pressure gauge connected to my fuel rail. I want to remove it. What do I need to put back on the fuel rail in it's place to properly seal the fuel rail?

If the Schrader valve is still in the end of the rail you just have to screw the cap back on. The cap only keeps dirt out, doesn't seal fuel in. If the valve was removed from the end of the rail you will need to reinstall it.

The Schrader valve looks like a tire valve stem core but is fuel rated. The original cap was metal, but any fuel rail cap will work. Just in case is been awhile. Lol

The Schrader valve is not there. I bet finding the right one will be a challenge.

should be the same valve as any one of the millions of fuel injected cars and trucks that are sitting in junkyards- and backyards, and garages- around the country waiting to be parted out and recycled.. i highly doubt they engineered a special fuel shrader valve just for these cars...

should be the same valve as any one of the millions of fuel injected cars and trucks that are sitting in junkyards- and backyards, and garages- around the country waiting to be parted out and recycled.. i highly doubt they engineered a special fuel shrader valve just for these cars...
^^^This. Same part is used in many other cars but I don't have boneyards here so I got mine from GM.

You could also leave the schrader valve out and use a -4 cap from earls or aeroquip. This allows you to hook up a gauge to check fuel pressure later with out removing a schrader valve.