Fuel pump power problem

joeb1300

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Can someone help me out with my problem. I have power going into relay when i turn key to start i can feel relay click. Relay doesn't click until engine cranks. No power at fuel tank. I ran a jumper to test fuel pump and pump works .changed relay with auto zone model same thing. Any suggestions?

The wire behind the alternator. I was checking the fuse that controls the instrument gauges no power. Then realize the fuel pump fuse is different they have a green fuse i think this must be a 30 instead of the 15. Not good fuse was not blown. I have power going into relay but not at that plug that goes to the pump. Why is there no 12 volts at 5amp fuse ? Will test more tonight.

I had pulled the pump out and found the pump wire melted and was grounded out on the sending unit on the bottom side of head. Fixed this problem and now i came across this current issue.

Both relays bad. Car up and running. Added a caspers volt booster and my scammaster reads 19.4 volts. Battery test out atv14 volts. Is this normal?

The 5 amp inst/lmps fuse gets it power from the rotating dimmer switch which gets power from the main light switch. So these two switches have to be good for the 5amp fuse to have power. Is your fuel pump wiring oem as from buick or has it been hot wired?

Both. Hotwire kit plugs into stock plug and so on. Wires seem warm to touch. Lost my gas gauge reading again after about a 20 minute drive. Thus happened last time before my pump stop working my gauges and my scanmaster, data logger are way off as well. Bat.20 7 volts af around 7 on data logger gauge reads 13 mph reads 230 or higher when running 20mph crazy