fuel pump options

nolanator

@none_more_black
My car currently has a slightly better than stock inline fuel pump and also came with a Red Armstrong double pumper in a box with some other misc. items, but this thing looks kinda complicated. I am considering selling it and going with an aeromotive 340 in tank pump, and calling it good. With the mods I have listed in my signature and the possibility of moving to a slightly bigger turbo, what would you guys recommend?

Aeromotive 340, Racetronix 340, DW300, Reds modified walbros, and a few others but arent as common. What is the ultimate horsepower goal? That double pumper you have is a good piece, really not that complicated, and will work for a street/race car well into the 10s and lower. When I changed out my aging walbro, I decided to go with a Racetronix 340 with hanger and sender all together. It was drop and go and I have had no issues yet. If I were to do it again, I would go with a double pumper to run e85 with piece of mind. With all of the above mentioned pumps, some members have had issues not being able to get fuel pressure low enough at idle due to return issues with the stock return line. Myself and others have had zero issues using stock lines for return. Just a heads up if you decide to go with one of these pumps. If I am not mistaken, the double pumpers and walbro style 255s do not have these issues.

You can run a single pump with the Alky kit. It is easier to tune than running a double pumper set up.
If you do change to E85, you would need that double pump setup for sure.

I agree with Getdown, the stock fuel lines will work fine.

With 80's, you will need more pump than a 340 style (255 lph) unit in order to fully utilize the injectors

Whatever in tank pump you chose, I would go to an aftermarket sending unit from Racetronix or Nick that has free flowing hard lines. I would also consider one with AN fittings. E85 needs more flow and if you want to run 10s a some point, you will need AN 8 feed and AN6 return lines.

Not always I have the same pump with all new factory style lines and it stay down.

I went with the Aeromotive 340 and switched the return line to the bigger vent line and made the old return line into the vent. Works great. Of course cleaned the vent line out real good first.

I have this red Armstrong double pumper, but I don't know if I want to use it or just go with an aeromotive 340.

If you have a known good double pumper, I would just install it and have room to grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am using the walbro 450lph e85 pump with volt booster definitely had to go to 6an return could not get the fuel pressure down other wise . but once I put in the 6an so far so good.

Guys running the Aeromotive 340lph! I see some have decided to use the bigger vent line on the sending unit as a return. Does that mean cutting the return tubing down that runs down to the bottom of the unit/tank?