fuel pump not getting power

What have you tried so far? Do you have a meter to measure voltage? Do you have a gauge to screw on to the end of the fuel rail to measure the fuel pressure?
If you have the meter you need to decide where you wil start with the trouble shooting. Front , do as Pacecarta suggested and put twelve volts to the connector that is behind the alternator and see if you get the pump to run. If not you may have a pump problem and are going to be dropping the tank. If the pump runs, you may have a wiring or circuit problem. The fuel pump link to Steve Woods site is an excellent way to trace down the circuit. Do the reading and start the trouble shooting.

Here is the link again as posted by Pacecarta.
Learn it, know it, live it

I actually Jumpered the Pump with a short black wire And I fired it up and it worked so I think there’s a bad connection somewhere in the fuel pump wiring

Sounds like you possibly lost the fuel pump signal from the ecm. Thats not uncommon.

Unplug the fuel pump relay on passenger fender. Use a small jumper to jump pin B and C. Thats the center pin on the 3 pin side with the single pin on opposite side. See if it starts.
I jumpered the B and C and nothing happened

I have no power to my fuel pump car been sitting for a while now. Checked fuse all good. Just did visual fuses look to be ok.

OK. I doubt I would ever do the E85 thing, unless that is all we can buy at the gas station, at some point. My main question is, would I need more fuel than a 255 LPH pump can provide, for a 62MM ball bearing turbo?
I think someone posted on the wrong thread, my situation is fixed.
I'm new to page and GN won't start my issue is fuel related. Looking to see if something you did may help me

Ok thanks

See where the pencil is pointing? That's where the Fuel Pump & A/C relays are located. I believe the Fuel Pump relay is typically located closest to the front of the car but don't count on it.

View attachment

Now look behind the Alternator. See the line coming off the A/C compressor? Underneath that you should find two connectors. One is green & one is black with a gray wire. (at the end of finger in pic)

View attachment

That is the Fuel Pump priming wire. Fashion yourself a jump wire from that black connector & touch the + post on the battery while listening for your Fuel Pump to run. If the pump runs, check your relays & fuses.

Last edited:
See where the pencil is pointing? That's where the Fuel Pump & A/C relays are located. I believe the Fuel Pump relay is typically located closest to the front of the car but don't count on it.

View attachment 364738

Now look behind the Alternator. See the line coming off the A/C compressor? Underneath that you should find two connectors. One is green & one is black with a gray wire. (at the end of finger in pic)

View attachment 364739

That is the Fuel Pump priming wire. Fashion yourself a jump wire from that black connector & touch the + post on the battery while listening for your Fuel Pump to run. If the pump runs, check your relays & fuses.
thanks i see the wire connections you're speaking of now. and with the same breath, i found the two relays on passenger fender. the pencil puts it right here. i will keep you posted on my findings. oh smelled the plug it smells burnt maybe it got hot at some point.

Have you looked in tank at the sender? I melted two bulkhead connectors and it left me stranded 50 miles from home. Had to scrounge around town for a new bulkhead connector. Built my own new harness.