fuel pump not getting power

Good morning gents I’ve Decided to change my value springs and upgrade my rocker arms. Are there any reliable value spring tools out there. I do have one but i need a roll pin and spring for it. Oh I’m doing this while heads are still on the engine and changing seals to.

I went to the garage to start my TR , after not starting it for a few months. It wouldn't start because it's not getting any power to the fuel pump. It cranks over fine, but I can see by the fuel pressure gauge that the pump is not working. I can usually hear it buzz for two seconds before I start cranking. I tested the plug back by the tank and it's not getting any power. The fuses under the dash are good. It does have a hotwire kit and the fuse with the kit is good as well. A friend said that it should get power from the ECM for a few seconds until the oil pressure switch takes over. It's not getting that. It's almost like the orange wire from the battery to the ECM is disconnected, but it's not. I forgot which relay is the fuel pump relay. Also, the green bypass plug which is located in the rear of the alternator doesn't turn the pump on either. Any thoughts?
When I wasn't getting power to my fuel pump,. it turned out to be a bad crank sensor

Good morning gents I’ve Decided to change my value springs and upgrade my rocker arms. Are there any reliable value spring tools out there. I do have one but i need a roll pin and spring for it. Oh I’m doing this while heads are still on the engine and changing seals to.

There’s probably someone that will lend you one or sell cheap.

Thanks my friend that’s the exact one I’ve been looking for. Much obliged 1986 Buick GX1and thanks again hopefully I can locate one.

I ran solid rocker shafts with stock rockers. I recommend running 981 springs or their equivalent. Stock springs will soften up after a few WOT 1/4 mile blasts. I won't say what I ran for spring pressure as most would go screaming off into the night.

I ran solid rocker shafts with stock rockers. I recommend running 981 springs or their equivalent. Stock springs will soften up after a few WOT 1/4 mile blasts. I won't say what I ran for spring pressure as most would go screaming off into the night.
Where may I ask did you find your solid shaft? Does Comp Cam stock 981 springs? Lol you don’t need to elaborate on you time or speed these car are Beasts. Scooby Doo with all your knowledge I appreciate your input sir just hope I can match it one day. Thanks buddy

Where may I ask did you find your solid shaft? Does Comp Cam stock 981 springs? Lol you don’t need to elaborate on you time or speed these car are Beasts. Scooby Doo with all your knowledge I appreciate your input sir just hope I can match it one day. Thanks buddy
Check with TA for the solid shafts. I honestly can't remember where I got them from as it was a long time ago. I believe RJC sells the rocker braces. I spun the engine to 6 grand at the shift points and only cracked two rockers over 17 years of racing, so they're fairly durable. You can get 981's from your local speed shop. I got away with heavy valve springs as my engines saw 6 grand non stop. Race engines and street engines are two different animals.

63E577EF-A452-4497-A183-54DBBF2CCC52.jpg
63E577EF-A452-4497-A183-54DBBF2CCC52.jpg
Check with TA for the solid shafts. I honestly can't remember where I got them from as it was a long time ago. I believe RJC sells the rocker braces. I spun the engine to 6 grand at the shift points and only cracked two rockers over 17 years of racing, so they're fairly durable. You can get 981's from your local speed shop. I got away with heavy valve springs as my engines saw 6 grand non stop. Race engines and street engines are two different animals.

Eric is out of 60lbs injectors dam waited to long oh well I’m hold cause I won’t my chip to make.

Question gents are all 60lb injectors the same one? Second will they work with Eric’s chip? Cause I’m surfing trying to find something else. I don’t se a number to call to address my concerns.

Question gents are all 60lb injectors the same one? Second will they work with Eric’s chip? Cause I’m surfing trying to find something else. I don’t se a number to call to address my concerns.
Racetronix is out of 60's as well. Not sure what your goals are but Eric has 80's. I ran 60's and 80's and saw no difference in idle quality. Please read Erics recommendations for fuel pumps for the 80's.

I found a set on summit racing high as hell with no chip of course. 60lb is my number scooby doo
You're gonna be out of injector in the mid 6's in the 1/8 with 60's and a 255 with race gas. Not sure how I know that.