fuel pump fitment

fast NY Six

How do I attach a larger fuel pump to the stock hanger? The pump diameter is larger than stock and doesn't sit in the ring/basket correctly. Is a stainless hose clamp sufficient? or do I have to modify the basket?
thanks

A 450 lph walbro fits the stock fuel pump hanger I did not modify the foot where the pump mounts and used the square pick up sock that came with the pump. IIRC I put a tie wrap around it to the return and cut hose where it had tension to help hold it in. Also you DO need to use a larger gauge wire as the factory feed is too small I drilled through and epoxied them in place. http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=F90000267&eq=&Tp=

Last edited:
Where did you drill the hole? What epoxy did you use? Did you use a metal tie wrap?

Attachments

• IMG_0345.JPG
    IMG_0345.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 148
anyone have any info on this? pics? how do I get the larger gauge wire to the pump through the bulk head fitting?

fuel hanger.JPG
The two red areas in the pic are places where you can go through. Drill through and then rough up the surface around the the holes inside and out so the surface will have a tooth for epoxy to grab and then used JB weld Quick epoxy and seal inside and out. Then I ran it over to hotwire relay. I dont trust that yellow 3/4 prong connector/plug. Other option would be thru insulated bulkheads but I didnt have any at the time and have had success with the epoxy in the past.

Last edited:
Aso cut off the necked down part of the feed line I put a yellow through in pic as its a restriction.
IMG_0345.JPG