Fuel Pump Clearance Issue

"Black Ice"

Hey guys, having a problem. Just installed a DeatschWerks DW200 fuel pump. When i try to install it back in the tank, the fuel filter hits the bottom of the fuel tank. Anyone else had this problem, it has the factory tank with the internal baffle. Thanks guys.

Thanks, if I reclock the fuel pump, the rubber hose will become twisted. I was thinking the short rubber hose was suppose to come straight down into the fuel pump.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How timely as I just got a DW200 myself and it's going sometime next week. How would you have to clock it so it doesn't hit the bottom? I had heard of prior issues with the DW pump not fitting as stock due to the offset on the sock attachment point on bottom of pump.

I tried mine without the filter off, and it didn't hit at all. It only with the filter on that's it hits. I might try using a factory filter so I can rotate it around. The DW200 has a locking clip that u only can put there filter on one way. I wondering wound the AC Delco EP242 do the job, it rated close to the DW200.

So it wasn't an issue of clearance with the baffle which I have heard of but more so with hitting the bottom of the tank? Hmmm. I really don't hope I run into this. I have a Walbro 340 (255 lph) pump as well on the shelf I guess I could use, but I bought the DW200 from the multiple good names recommending them and the 3 year warranty as a big plus.

Yes, it hitting that factory hunk of plastic the tank. The baffle, going to try a factory strainer. That way I can aim it in any direction. DW200 strainer has to stay a certain way.
5c3cd834ce256fe7419ab10bc47f9dc4.jpg
c25ce8a462c2b0032bc5cadb095220a9.jpg

The metal bottom ring that support the bottom fuel pump, cut it off the hanger stem, then reclock it a little at a time until its out of the way of the baffle.

So you cut off the bottom of the fuel pump support off the stem (hollow tube??) and the rotate the pump itself? Is the pump only secured now by the clamp going around the stem and pump? Just trying to get a clear mental picture. Sorry.

Yes l, the bottom soppurt ring that the factory pump see to rest on. Cut that off, and the clamp will hold the pump on.