Fuel Pressure

macatoni

Buick Powered
Just installed a new racetronix fuel pump and upgraded in tank harness. Went to set the fp at idle and compared to the old walbro pump I had 60psi with the line off. Started backing out the adjustment screw and got it down to 48ish but I was weary of backing out the screw any farther as it was unthreaded quite some ways and the fp wasn't dropping any more which makes me think I hit the limit of the acufab fpr adjustment. Anyone experience this? Do I need to bite the bullet on a different fpr In hopes it's just the acufab...

It's not the regulator, you are overwhelming the stock return line. Time to address the return line issue.

What's the stock return line known issue? It wasn't overwhelmed with the walbro 340 pump running at the correct psi....should I check for a kink?

You can look it over but the return line is known to be a restriction. Many go with a larger feed line and use the stock feed line as the return.

Ok ill start researching the return line. I guess im just surprised that how much more flow the Racetronix 255 is vs the walbro 340m.....

My Accufab regulator I just installed started at about 20psi and I had to adjust it up , but I had also replaced feed & return lines ( -8 feed , -6 return ). Definitely check your return .

My Accufab regulator I just installed started at about 20psi and I had to adjust it up , but I had also replaced feed & return lines ( -8 feed , -6 return ). Definitely check your return .
Where did you get the line to run your new return line and what fittings did you use ?

Got my fittings from Racetronix and line from Jegs. Line is made by NOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can likely get away without having to replace the return line completely. I have a car with a 340 lph pump and a stock return line with no issues. I did replace the regulator with a Fuelab 6an inline regulator and I opened up the stock return line fittings slightly. I had it working fine with the Accufab regulator just by opening up the fittings but I went ahead and replaced regulator because the Fuelab regulator is less restrictive and is far superior to the Accufab unit. I wish I would have just replaced the regulator alone first because I think that may took care of the problem by itself. Every little bit of restriction you remove will help.

Where did you get the line to run your new return line and what fittings did you use ?
I bought the complete kit from racetronix ....twin 340s , braided Teflon -8 and -6 lines with filter. Full Throttle sell it now.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app