Fuel Pressure?

strikeeagle

I set the FP at 40 PSI, line off. The first time I get into appreciable boost the FP increases to 50 PSI and remains there, even when the car returns to idle. The FP gauge is an older Auto Meter Ultra-Lite. The AFPR is a brand new Accufab. BLM is in the mid-90s at 45 MPH cruise. Any ideas?

Thanks.

strike

Is this .....

a fuel rail mt'd gage?:confused: Assuming the gage is good, you may have some blockage in the return line or more likely, the gage is bad. If you have someone close by w/ a gage willing to let you borrow theirs, that would be great. any reason you set the f/press. so low? we typically set it to 43#s line off?

I set the FP at 40 PSI, line off. The first time I get into appreciable boost the FP increases to 50 PSI and remains there, even when the car returns to idle. The FP gauge is an older Auto Meter Ultra-Lite. The AFPR is a brand new Accufab. BLM is in the mid-90s at 45 MPH cruise. Any ideas?

Thanks.

strike

If "appreciable boost" is 10 PSI or less, it is as it should be....Do you have an accurate boost gauge? Low BLMs show the car running rich....Seems like you have more than one issue to track down. What chip are you using? Double check your fuel pressure (experts recommend 43-45 PSI line off) and boost before you do anything else.
:)

did the FP do that before the new regulator? when its stuck at 50psi pull the vac line off the regulator and see if the pressure moves. if it doesnt i would think that the regulator is bad or sticking. the low BLM's would make since if the FP is stuck at 50psi causing it to go rich.