Fuel line opinions

'87 Turbo "T"

What a complete shitshow!!
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
What are your opinions on leaving the stock fuel lines?

Going to E85 & have -6 & -8 Teflon lines. Do I keep the stock fuel lines in JIC for the future or take them out? I know once you put the -6 & -8 no one really goes back to stock.

I used the stock feed for the return and ran a -6 for the feed. It works great. Left the old return just disconnected and tucked behind the regulator.

Thanks guys. Just worried about left over fuel fumes. Both ends are open so it should evaporate.

Think I may just remove the over the axle lines.

IMO going too big for the stock lines(return anway). Going to E85, a DW400 & 120# injectors. Want to be build for no issues with my new motor build.
sounds like you answered your own question ...ok then upgrade your fuel lines....couple vendors like cruz...fullthrottle ....etc make kits...

sounds like you answered your own question ...ok then upgrade your fuel lines....couple vendors like cruz...fullthrottle ....etc make kits...
Think we’ve crossed wires LOL. Already have the -6 & -8 lines. I was just wondering if it would behoove me to remove the stock fuel lines from the front to the rear.

Think we’ve crossed wires LOL. Already have the -6 & -8 lines. I was just wondering if it would behoove me to remove the stock fuel lines from the front to the rear.
ooh ok you didnt run 6-8 lines through the frame ...just at engine...or tank ??

Cruz’ kit has you run both lines along the DS. I ran them over my shock tower brace & along the frame rail up to the engine bay.

Cap the old lines at both ends, and leave them there. Problem solved.
I have saved every old part that I upgraded, to offer to whomever may want to purchase my Turbo Coupe in the future. Another simple solution.
To remove the Flexi-Flyer aspect of all of the G bodies I have owned, I remove, reroute, and/or save all lines running in the frames "C" channel, in the open section, and weld 1/8" strap metal over the channel, making it into a box section. I do it very neatly and most peeps that have seen it, think it is factory.
Replace all of the body bushings first. Stock replacements are fine, as this mod makes the car more solid than urethane bushings do on a stock frame.
This mod makes the car hanldle like you wouldn't believe, and doesn't tear up the body like urethane do, and it is quieter as a result too.
It doesn't stiffen up the car as much as a 6 point rollbar, but then again, you don't have to climb over it, nor chop holes in the interior. I do the bar/cage/frame thing on my dedicated drag cars, but for the occasional "sub 11.49 and get kicked out once in a while" crowd, it works great.
TIMINATOR

Yank them. I did and never looked back. Gives extra room for the lines. There's plenty of places to tie the new lines to. I left the vent line since is goes down the other side and wanted to keep that function.

Yank them. I did and never looked back. Gives extra room for the lines. There's plenty of places to tie the new lines to. I left the vent line since is goes down the other side and wanted to keep that function.
If a car was sold and the new owner wanted to go back to pump gas, would the larger lines still work for pump gas.

my bad ...I thought something different ...my reading comprehension is low at times...LOL...I would leave them unless you have the body off the frame...make sense ?? :p

Cruz’ kit has you run both lines along the DS. I ran them over my shock tower brace & along the frame rail up to the engine bay.
Where do the lines run when it approaches the bellhousing area?

I’m considering a Cruz kit but wasn’t sure how NHRA legal it is?

Any tips during install?

Thanks!

-WUTSAV8

What are your opinions on leaving the stock fuel lines?

Going to E85 & have -6 & -8 Teflon lines. Do I keep the stock fuel lines in JIC for the future or take them out? I know once you put the -6 & -8 no one really goes back to stock.
I was thinking of doing the same and I was going to remove as much as I could.

I know one of the bolts is impossible to get too in the rear of the car but I was thinking maybe reuse some of the factory mounting points for the new line brackets.

-WUTSAV8

I was thinking of doing the same and I was going to remove as much as I could.

I know one of the bolts is impossible to get too in the rear of the car but I was thinking maybe reuse some of the factory mounting points for the new line brackets.

-WUTSAV8
Cruz’ kit has you run them both along the DS. So I ran mine up & over the axle tucked up between the frame & body.

Then inside the frame channel along the DS, over the trans support, then when I got to the front I keep following the frame(by proportioning valve) & come up by the master cylinder.

I haven’t completed final install so some tweaks may be necessary. Cruz’ fuel filter is also supposed to end up roughly where the stock fuel filter is FYI.