Fuel Line Compatible with Ethanol

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
I have a 5-yr old fuel system using Aeroquip stainless steel braided rubber hose. I have had problems with ethanol (~50/50 mix of E85 and gasoline) attacking the hose and plugging up my injectors and Aeromotive filters.

Looking at Aeroquip I see they sell teflon hose but it does not come in -10 size and the selection of compatible (steel) fittings leaves a lot to be desired.

Is there another manufacturer that makes Teflon or other hose material compatible with ethanol in larger sizes and good fitting selection?
Conrad

Do you know if I can use my aluminum Aeroquip fittings with this hose?
Conrad

Already sent them a message. Did you buy their fittings?

See if you can determine which type of rubber. EPDM, nitrile, natural, etc. Nitrile hose is fully compatible.

Here's my experience with rubber AN hose. Once you run gas through the hose, you CAN NOT switch to E85. I've tried testing with several different manufacturers of hoses now. Each and every one did the same thing. The gas must break down the rubber, change the material, or maybe just dry it some? Not sure chemically what is going on there. It's fine but once you run e85 through it, it strips the rubber and will eventually balloon the lines. Steve would know more of the actual manufacturer rating of each type of rubber than I would.

You don't need a -10 hose. I run a -8 feed on my Stage car. You could buy a Racetronix line kit that's already set up for our cars, which is what I did. It will come with the filter, all fittings and ready to install. It's a nice kit. I had some issues with the filter not sealing but eventually got it.

Apparently Aeroquips' rubber hose is not designed for ethanol. Says not recommended for fuel systems that recirculate fuel as the recirculation process oxidizes the fuel and oxidized fuel it will attack the rubber. Sounds strange to me.
Conrad

BEATAV8...that link to materials compatible with ethanol is GREAT! Thanks for sharing!!

if your plans are to run stainless braided frozenboost.com sells teflon braided line and fittings cheap , doesnt flex as well as the aeroquip stuff, pain is arse to do the fittings , the black braid was terrible almost impossible to work with because way braidwas too tight , the silver was much better but still a pain .. but the hose is cheap and so are the fitting , and you wont have to worry about rubber deteriorating or fuel smell in the garage common with rubber lined braided hose

Fittings for Jegs Pro Flow? Red Horse, Aerpquip, TechAFX?