Fuel Injector question

Kyleh24

86 GN , 87 White T
What psi are the stock ones? If you were going to take the first step of upgrade on a stock GN, which direction would you go on the fuel injectors and the adjustable fuel pump regulator?

Thanks, Kyle

What psi are the stock ones? If you were going to take the first step of upgrade on a stock GN, which direction would you go on the fuel injectors and the adjustable fuel pump regulator?

Thanks, Kyle
I assume you mean what size are the stock injectors. They are 28lb. injectors. Cannot recommend an injector size until we know what your plans are for the motor. As far as a fuel pressure regulator just go with a Bosch 237 regulator. You really don't need an adjustable one.

How much would the stock turbo and exhaust take? Or what are the incremental steps to increase performance? In other words, do I need to get a bigger turbo to get bigger injectors, or will the stock turbo do good with bigger injectors and more fuel pressure, with a chip to give the correct amount of increase boost over stock?

I just know that a lot of people on this forum have gone down these roads to increased performance, and was wanting to learn from what others have experienced. Thanks, Kyle

Thanks, Kyle

If you want to take the first step with a stock GN ... do yourself a favor ... don't go any further as far as parts go than a CHIP, K&N, FUEL PUMP, HOTWIRE ,and the free mods .
Put the car on RACE fuel so you can get a taste of what it CAN REALLY DO ... then decide how much more you want ...

in that configuration you can run mid 12's all day

AsK all the questions you have on here and we'll try to lead you in the right direction.. whatever you do .. don't get caught up by the hype of just throwing parts at it !!

Last edited:
Take it slow. Plan ahead. There are a lot of simple combinations that will get you to go fast. Decide where you are going first. 11's? 10's?

I have the TT chip and the hot wire. No fuel pump upgrade or K&N. Last time, before the chip (Which I feel by the seat of the pants that it is quicker) it only ran a 14.04 (with 130 lb girlfriend in car) So that it why I asked the original question. P,S, Thanks for the replies!!!

I have the TT chip and the hot wire. No fuel pump upgrade or K&N. Last time, before the chip (Which I feel by the seat of the pants that it is quicker) it only ran a 14.04 (with 130 lb girlfriend in car) So that it why I asked the original question. P,S, Thanks for the replies!!!

you will run the stock fuel pump out before the injector ... with the mods I described 12.50 on a decent tire is the norm ...

IF you have a chip , get the K&N, learn to tune ... add race gas + boost and it will not be the same car .. night and day different on RACE FUEL + more BOOST

I just know that a lot of people on this forum have gone down these roads to increased performance, and was wanting to learn from what others have experienced. Thanks, Kyle
My question is what are you willing to break?the stock turbo and stock injector with a meth kit, fuel pump,sticky tires will run high 11s low 12s and will take out the trans.if your not willing to do trans work don't go in search for higher boost tunes.

One more thing. Get a Scanmaster! IMO the single most important piece of equipment for the car.

Good information here, thanks guys. Paying close attention as I'm heading down this path eventually myself. I can only afford performance upgrades in phases, engine is stock, well-maintained and running great, with 98k kilometers on the odometer. I resolved brake & cooling issues last summer, upgraded to an aluminum F-body rad and replaced accumulator ball. Those issues seem to have been resolved now. This summer I've planned modest upgrades, I'll be fabbing my own intake with 3.5" pipe to the turbo, LS1 MAF, 9 x 4" K & N and have to choose a MAF translator for that combo. I plan to block off the EGR port and add a manual boost controller. Next summer I'll be taking into consideration the advice here.