Fuel and it’s delivery is extremely important so:

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
I'm going to spring for a new toolbox for the new garage. Anybody have some nice toolbox setups that they want to show off and take pictures of. Lowes has all of the new Bluetooth capable ones...sort of too fancy for me, but if you have pics and are proud of it...post it up!

2 observations on the Lowes stuff.
1. The older, original Kobalt boxes were stainless steel, and appeared to be a hi q piece. Probably scarce, since they went to Crapsman.
2. The "new" Crapsman stuff is cheap junk..
I'd buy a used box, before I'd even consider one.

So, what bothers you or is suspect about Craftsman. Is it the drawers, ball bearings, design or what? Any other opinions—any pictures?

I was actually considering one—before I drop my hard earned coin I would like to know cause I’ve always considered a tool box as just that—a good looking box to put tools in. But if the drawers are going to rot out in a year or it will break because I attach a vise lmk specifically.

A lot depends on your available space. My garage is small and I have to stay with 18" bases. If you have the room, HF US General boxes are actually pretty well made. They are 24" deep though.

My garage is a mess right now because of a water heater issue but you can get the drift.

A Cornwell rolling 18" deep,6 drawer rolling box, some socket organizers and strong magnet hooks make my hand tools easy to reach and keep organized.

I purchased 2 used Lund 24" deep, 16 drawer tool chests from an auction. Keeps most every thing else organized and protected. Don't be afraid to by plenty of various magnetic tool holders to use on the sides of those boxes.

Attachments

• 4270AD04-6F30-493B-95D2-756F407B7988.jpeg
    4270AD04-6F30-493B-95D2-756F407B7988.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 274
  • F9FF266E-4103-403B-858A-842A24B44A2A.jpeg
    F9FF266E-4103-403B-858A-842A24B44A2A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 358
  • 20220409_121337.jpg
    20220409_121337.jpg
    891.8 KB · Views: 227
  • 20220408_105745.jpg
    20220408_105745.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 238
  • heater-AC box insulation.jpg
    heater-AC box insulation.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
EDIT:

Correction, the red cabinets are LISTA, not LUND.

LISTA is serious commercial grade, professional stuff. :cool:

So, what bothers you or is suspect about Craftsman. Is it the drawers, ball bearings, design or what? Any other opinions—any pictures?
We "tested" a couple cabinets at Lowes, vs the old Cobalts they were getting rid of.
No comparison in the gauge of the metal. The drawers were so flimsy, you could twist them, w/ very little effort.
The "ball brg" rollers were cheap, and didn't slide nearly as well as the Cobalt.
I have a 30 yo Craftsman. It was bought well before Sears went tits up. A well built cabinet. Same with the tools.
The finish of the new tools is cheap. Ratchets feel like they are about to lock up.

Had snap-on my entire career but Dealer gave us cheap ones a few years ago due to “Autohaus” standards from Mercedes-Benz so we had to bring our boxes home. I’m digging the new harbor freight ICON tool boxes and carts, quality is on par and price is great

Check out Strickly toolboxes or extreme tools. I have had Snap On and Matco tool boxes for 35 years. If I was just starting off now I would not waste my money on them. Strictly Toolboxes has a 84 inch long box that's 30 inches deep for 8k My Matco was 15k. If you have the cash check out craigslist and Marketplace . Seen lots of boxes with tools for cheap.

Buy a Snap On once and be done. Made in USA, not off shore recycled pepsi cans. Craftsman used to be good but not the same. Look for a good used Snap on.

Worked as a tech for 40 years and always had Craftsman because i never had the $$ for a Snap on ! Kids grew up and have money so I found this one used. Still had vinyl protective covering on the graphics and the handle was still in its original wrapper in a drawer. Never had a wrench in it and he even spent the extra for drawer protectors.
100_4034.JPG

I have this one coming this week from my snappy guy... It was a trade in from almost two years ago that he kept for himself... It's still brand new!!!
DSCN0018.JPG

I actually went to Harbor Freight today and saw that ICON line. They are badass boxes. But I will look at used also

I bought Goplus 6-Drawer Rolling Tool Chest put it in my garage. This toolbox is very good. This toolbox has 6 drawers. There is also a large cabinet at the bottom. I can put my tools in each drawer separately. It is very convenient to get up. The grid below can be used to discharge. The small toolbox is very convenient. Then there is a large cabinet at the top. It can be used to enlarge the tool. For example, hammer. wrench.....