FU**IN Autozone junk water pump!!!!

coldair85GN

fast85GN
Been trying for several days to resolve exhaust leaks, rattles, etc. on my freshly rebuilt engine and while finally fixing what was left of exhaust leaks under the car discovered an all new coolant leak. My BRAND NEW Duralast lifetime warranty water pump that I just installed on the car is leaking at the weep hole. GODD****T I am tired of buying parts at Autozone and having them fail almost immediately after installing them on my car....in this case it lasted all of 4.6 miles. Felt like ranting.

Cuz it's Chinese junk?

It was neither Dura nor last.

You know things are pretty bad when you have to request that your auto parts be Made in Japan, or Taiwan, or Mexico, but not China.

Attachments

• CHINESE JUNK.jpg
    CHINESE JUNK.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 243
I know it's sad when you can't trust new parts,who cares about the warranty are they paying labor to replace it hell no.I know a lot of us do our own work a lot of smaller shop that I'm associated with will only install factory replacement parts just not worth the failure rate on the auto zone,advance,o'reilly's not that all the parts are junk it seems it's always the ones you have to take half the car apart to get to.I just replaced some questionable rear wheel studs on my 06 monte ss at 110 lbs. of torque 2 of the new ones broke off if that's not scary.

I'm on the third O'Reilly lifetime waterpump on my daily truck. I figure it gives me a chance to check the rest of the stuff under there when replacing them.
All chinesium, pretty much all junk. Think Tommy Boy and his auto parts. Cheaper to warranty them than build a quality product.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Its a hit or miss with that junk, no quality control. I work at a shop and all 3 of my mechanics in back, especially the oldest one, HATE autozone junk...

I'm on the third O'Reilly lifetime waterpump on my daily truck. I figure it gives me a chance to check the rest of the stuff under there when replacing them.
All chinesium, pretty much all junk. Think Tommy Boy and his auto parts. Cheaper to warranty them than build a quality product.

You hit the nail on the head concerning the so called "life time warranty" (I call it all you can eat) they are just playing the odds. I'm on AZ pump 3 on my s10 but at least it only take about 15 minutes to change. For my Buick I bought a new made in the USA pump, it cost more but it beats changing it once a year.

I must be an exception when it comes to autozone water pumps or maybe just lucky.

I have used them on many different cars over the years and have never had one fail including my 86 turbo regal that i have now. And the water pump has been working great for 5 years without any problems. The most recent one i installed on my daily driver ford compact this past spring and it works like a champ, this one cost me $22.00 with a lifetime warranty.

It could be the ratio of antifreeze coolant,the radiator conditioner/stop leak,water pump lubricant or the cleaning/flushing of the cooling system or the correct belt tension that has a part in how the pump performs or lasts.

All parts chains are going to buy the cheapest parts they can to make the most profit. Doesn't hatter if it's AZ O'rielly, Advanced, or NAPA. Even OE manufactures are going to do it. I've used all of them for parts and very seldom have problems except with remanned master cylinders. The water pump on my old car lasted me 7 or 8 years before it went out and when it did it died ugly. Replaced it under warranty and that was 4 years ago. Still working.;)

Went through the same thing with an alternator. A lifetime warranty means crap when you have to call a tow truck because you're broke down with your family on the side of the road.

Went through the same thing with an alternator. A lifetime warranty means crap when you have to call a tow truck because you're broke down with your family on the side of the road.

Having a part fail and leaving you stranded on the side of the road can happen anytime you are driving even on new cars. The bright side is if the part has a lifetime warranty you will get a replacement part for no out of pocket cost,but you will have to pay for the tow regardless of a warranty or not.

Having a part fail and leaving you stranded on the side of the road can happen anytime you are driving even on new cars. The bright side is if the part has a lifetime warranty you will get a replacement part for no out of pocket cost,but you will have to pay for the tow regardless of a warranty or not.

Very true, however the "new" alternator failed the same day I put it in.

While I feel your pain, I haven't had much bad luck. Not sure what to say other than sorry to hear you're having problems.

This is why we have vendors. Corner auto part stores are NOT for classic cars. They are for daily drivers. Your classic car deserves more respect.
I got my pump from Cotton's. AC Delco. I've also bought one from HIGHWAY STARS.
Price was very reasonable.