FS: Original GNX SW Tach and Speedo

Sinful6

Aspiring Guru
I know these never come up for sale so I figured I would post it here in case someone wanted a replacement or back up for their GNX.

These are original working units from a GNX; the tach looks like new, and the speedo numbers have developed a nice patina. Speedo reads ~60k mi., but SW, or a speedo shop can roll it to your cars actual mileage.

$ - Make me a reasonable offer?

P1010231Large.jpg

P1010232Large.jpg

P1010235Large.jpg

P1010236Large.jpg

From the photo, the speedo does not appear to be out of a GNX. Reason? Where is the notch for the speed sensor? As I recall, the bracket is also modified to allow room for the speed sensor.

Joe

Original SW Speedo & Tach out of GNX

From the photo, the speedo does not appear to be out of a GNX. Reason? Where is the notch for the speed sensor? As I recall, the bracket is also modified to allow room for the speed sensor.

Joe

I'm not an expert on GNX's, I don't doubt that these came out of a GNX, however could it be that the Speedo may have been replaced once already?

As I recall the original SW Speedometers supplied and installed by ASC had a chrome bezel and this was not as deep, (so the installed height of both speedo and tach in the dash plate were different), hence the varying height (depth) of the bezel openings to accomadate this variance.

Last photo shows the notch in the brackedt & cut out for the VSS on the back side of the original speedo.

"Just sayin", Either way, these would be a nice set of gauges for the serious collector.

dave

Attachments

• GNX Bezel Pics 001.jpg
    GNX Bezel Pics 001.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 411
  • gnxpics.jpg
    gnxpics.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 406
  • dash.JPG
    dash.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 446
For picture reference, This is an NOS(never cut or installed) GNX SW speedo.
I have hanging around.:biggrin:

DSC07883.jpg

DSC07882.jpg

GC

Very cool pics, I knew you guys would chime in! These were pulled from my late uncles old GNX years ago, and I recently found them while sorting through his estate. Davpar might be on the money with the speedo. The tach is the rarer part, however. I've thrown them up on ebay for anyone interested.

Thanks