FS: 355CI chevy: ~400HP, room for much more.

SS/GNX

Formerly NothinYet
I have some other plans for even more power in the Monte, so I am going to sell my engine. We completely restored my 1985 Monte Carlo SS starting in 1997 and not finishing until 2003!

The engine is a professionally built 350 bored .030 over, 4 bolt main strong 60's gen block. Compression is 9.8:1, has Hypereutectic pistons in it. High Volume Oil pump and pickup 7QT Moroso Oil Pan

Heads are World Sportman II 66CC heads 200cc intake runner 2.02 intake and 1.6in. exhaust valves.

Intake manifold is Performer RPM

Lunati Cam specs: valve lift .488int .510 exhaust 234, 244 duration.

Has DEMON 650 CFM carburetor tuned to engine, nice polished look.

MSD Distributor with 6AL box and Blaster II coil included. Also MSD Wires.

Headers are DynoMax... these you might want to replace or get blasted and coated... they look a little rusty. I never coated them and regret it.

Has a high volume water pump also to keep it cool and a 160 degree T-stat.

Engine has VERY low miles on it, like less than 10K... we barely drove the car, but I always started the car and let warm up to operating temperature when stored in the garage.

Motor runs excellent and has a mild tune to it. Runs on pump gas at 33 or 34 degrees advance timing, if you want more, run a mix.

Motor was raced 1 pass down the track to make sure it was worth the money we spent no it. Got a 13 second pass out of a full body Monte Carlo SS with BFGoodrich Radial TAs on it! Motor runs EXCELLENT, starts right up with two squirts of fuel before start. Idle is mild, but not smooth due to cam. Sounds incredible.

Motor is still in car for now. I can pull it in two hours.

I can take a video of this engine in the car running with a current newspaper so you know its not old. I can also show the car driving and break the tires loose if you want.

I will not post this however, only email it. Please only those who plan on buying the engine!

Any interested party, please contact me by PM or email.

Make an offer... I am not sure what I want for this engine as of yet, I will consider offers. There is a TON of money in this motor and the miles are extremely low.
I will check the exact mileage for anyone interested. (I kept track)

This exact engine would cost you well over $5,500 buy or have built with all these name brand expensive parts.

Especially because it is COMPLETE.. truly complete. Not like a crate engine which is still missing hundreds of dollars worth of parts before you can drive!

Bolt it into your car, hook up the wiring, coolant hoses, ignition, fuel, and start it and go.

Already broken in, just drive it.

Trying not to miss anything, also included the Harmonic Balancer with timing mark (you shouldnt have to change timing...) includes valve covers... if im forgetting anything ask me about it.

Power band of this engine is 2500-6500 RPM, although I have never revved it past 5900-6000 rpm.

You will need a strong trans and about a 2800-3000 stall converter with this motor. Also recommended is a 373, 390, or 411 gear in the rear end.

Not necessary, but this will get you the most power to the pavement.

Thanks for reading this LONG post and I look forward to hearing from you.

asking $2800 obo. get a different set of heads and a bottle and this will put you in the 11s easy.

$2500 obo. Runs great, cheap, some power. Not as good as a GN motor but if you have something that needs a fresh 350 this is the way to go.

I have to sell this and that trans to pay for all this crazy engine swap stuff I am doing!

If you guys think I am nuts, then whats this worth?