Front Wheels 15x 4 what tires are you using?

f117v6

I have a set of Weld dragstar 15 x4 for the front.
This will be my drag race set up not street driving. What tire brand and size are you. Using?
I would like input for track use.
1 handing for braking
2Are they Sufficient for holding car at stage if foot braking?
Or maybe ditch the 4inch and go with a little bigger.

1990speed

It's been almost a month since you posted this inquiry, which tires and what size did you end installing on your car?

f117v6

No one on the entire site runs 15 x 4 anymore!
I didn't get any response, after some research I have decided to get the mickey thompson sportsman Sr

26x 6x15
Radial
Speed rated
And $$$
I posted to see if anyone was running something equal to or better than but there doesn't seem to be?.....
I street / strip ,if your just at the strip there are tons of bias plys out there with a million sizes to choose from that will work.

Mr.Spool

I have a set of Weld dragstar 15 x4 for the front.
This will be my drag race set up not street driving. What tire brand and size are you. Using?
I would like input for track use.
1 handing for braking
2Are they Sufficient for holding car at stage if foot braking?
Or maybe ditch the 4inch and go with a little bigger.
Go to mt site
If your running drag radials they have fronts to match
If you running slicks
Run their front runners
I run a 15x4 on my nt car

Mr.Spool

How would you suggest the wt is "distributed" in a panic stop?
With better brakes good suspension and let's use a number,say 20% of the weight was taken off the front of the car previously the skinnies will do pretty good in straight line braking.
If the car is very light
The bigger contact patch wont be missed much at all in straight line stopping.

forcefed3.8's

Buckeye Bullet
26x4.5 ET fronts for street/ strip
205/75 for street
I am hoping the 26x6 et street fronts get released soon, that will be my street/ strip front

dynoman

No one on the entire site runs 15 x 4 anymore!
I didn't get any response, after some research I have decided to get the mickey thompson sportsman Sr

26x 6x15
Radial
Speed rated
And $$$
I posted to see if anyone was running something equal to or better than but there doesn't seem to be?.....
I street / strip ,if your just at the strip there are tons of bias plys out there with a million sizes to choose from that will work.
I just saw this thread , I'm running the same size front wheel and use the same tire you bought . On a full weight car ( 3700lbs ) it won't carve corners , but stopping from 130mph isn't a problem at the track . I have Champion Billet wheels and 15x4 is the only size they offered for the front .

f117v6

I just saw this thread , I'm running the same size front wheel and use the same tire you bought . On a full weight car ( 3700lbs ) it won't carve corners , but stopping from 130mph isn't a problem at the track . I have Champion Billet wheels and 15x4 is the only size they offered for the front .
Great to hear My gn is same weight maybe a little heavier and I am about same mph .I have been running the stock front wheels and bfg 215 /70 /15 radials (they are heavy, I am was stubborn) I picked up the weld 15x4 and mickey Sr fronts tires and welds on rear.
I agree these won't be for carving corners etc. I drive about 160 miles round trip to strip and back that will be the extent of the street driving ,I just don't want to change all four tires back and forth .
Thanks for the input guys !!!!