front wheel lug nuts need replaced

PaulRV6

Some of the threads are getting buggered up and the lug nuts don't spin like they should. I'm thinking I should replace the lug nuts and studs. This is on a stock wheel 86 GN. What is the best thing to do?
Paul

Good time re-grease your front wheel bearings.
But you can skip that if you know they're in good shape.
I put longer studs in my front rotors,without taking them off the car.

The studs are in the hub right? How do you replace the studs without removing the rotors? Thanks

The hub and rotor is one piece.There is enough open space behind the studs to knock them out ,if you turn the rotor to correct position.I found a tutorial about it on youtube about five years ago.

Replace rotors. It will be about $25 for just 10 wheel studs and you are still stuck with old rotors.

If you replace studs, grab a sledge hammer and hit the stud and it will pop out. Do the same for the other 9. To install wheel studs use washers and an impact gun to seat stud in to the rotor. All can be done with rotor on the spindle.

easier to replace the rotor.
to replace a stud and beat the hell of it to remove to no avail.

i'd rather have a 30 year old factory rotor than a new Chinese rotor- and they are all Chinese rotors these days.

and as was already pointed out, studs come out easy with a good manly hit from a real hammer... if all you have is a 16oz curved claw hammer and you swing it like a 5 year old girl, you might not get them out.. but if you have a 20oz hammer and swing it like a man, they generally come right out in the first hit.

maybe my 10lbs sledgehammer is to docile...
i had to heat it and beat it until removed
if another stud breaks...will use those chinese disposable crap rotors.

Beating on studs while mounted on the car transfers all that energy through the bearings. Just pull them off and do them on the bench. It's too easy and easier on the car in the end.

Good time re-grease your front wheel bearings.
But you can skip that if you know they're in good shape.
I put longer studs in my front rotors,without taking them off the car.

Where did you get the longer studs?

D