Front Springs Lift

atc

Hello
Looking for ideas of how to raise the front springs. My issue is when i am driving and in the road is there a small dip. the front right tire rubs the inner fender well. Is there something on the market, i can add or lift the springs a little to avoid the tire rub? thanks

if you still have the stock springs in there it may be time to swap them out for OEM replacements or to a stiffer spring. After 30+ years of use springs will become softer as they lose their stiffness, which I would bet is what you're experiencing if you have the OEM springs and the car has a decent amount of miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you still have the stock springs in there it may be time to swap them out for OEM replacements or to a stiffer spring. After 30+ years of use springs will become softer as they lose their stiffness, which I would bet is what you're experiencing if you have the OEM springs and the car has a decent amount of miles

do you have any sites to shop for replacement springs. thanks

do you have any sites to shop for replacement springs. thanks

Kirbans performance is the first place that comes to mind: http://www.kirbanperformance.com/Buick/product/286/FRONT+SPRINGS+(2)+#6566.html at the bottom of the forum there's a section for our supporting vendors, kirban is on there but if you don't want to get them from him for whatever reason I'd check the others and their websites to see what they got. Or like Tyler said, Google. jegs summit hell maybe even rock auto might have some springs for you. or your local auto shop might be able to get them too.

while you're at it you might as well do shock too, they make a huge difference in ride quality and since they compress and extend just like a spring those could be worn out over all the years you've put on them. Take them out and if you can compress them by hand, they're toast lol. If your car is just one to putt putt around town in you can't really go wrong with a shock brand, I had Gabriel ultras and they were nice. But if your car is a street/strip car, that's a whole different conversation we need to be having about springs and shocks on your car

You can use coil spring spacers... zip tie them in. If a whole one is too much use a half. Easy fix for now and available at Advance Auto and other stores..

IMG_7930.JPG

If you know how much you want to raise the front you can install these under the front coil springs.
Because of the geometry I believe a 3/8" spacer will raise the car up 3/4" I believe.
Of course these are as much work as installing new springs.

IMG_3890.PNG