Front Mount Intercooler Piping

danostuff67

Right now I have a front mount intercooler (Not sure of brand) with 3" pipes welded on the intercooler. The pipes coming from the intercooler to the stock throttle body and turbo are reduced down to 2.5", I am looking to replace the up pipe. Should I stick with 2.5"? Should I replace all the intercooler pipes with 3"? I did not set this car up, so not very knowledgeable about it. I attached some pictures to hopefully help. Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• IMG_2192.JPG
    IMG_2192.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 255
  • IMG_2193.JPG
    IMG_2193.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 230
Right now I have a front mount intercooler (Not sure of brand) with 3" pipes welded on the intercooler. The pipes coming from the intercooler to the stock throttle body and turbo are reduced down to 2.5", I am looking to replace the up pipe. Should I stick with 2.5"? Should I replace all the intercooler pipes with 3"? I did not set this car up, so not very knowledgeable about it. I attached some pictures to hopefully help. Thanks for any advice!
there were no gains going to the 3 inch up pipe into a stock throttlebody coming off a front mount vertical flow intercooler with a 49 turbo

Eastern performance front mounts retained the stock type up-pipes by design. they've been low 10s with the 2.5 pipes.

The pipes are actually fiberglass or something similar. They are not aluminum or steel. Still trying to find a plate in the inter cooler to determine brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pipes are actually fiberglass or something similar. They are not aluminum or steel. Still trying to find a plate in the inter cooler to determine brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Take a pic, some of us can eye it out for a brand.

I know these are terrible, but really cannot see anything from the front, so these are from below.

Attachments

• IMG_2240.JPG
    IMG_2240.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2239.JPG
    IMG_2239.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2236.JPG
    IMG_2236.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_2232.JPG
    IMG_2232.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2230.JPG
    IMG_2230.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 128
i liked it
has good temp drop..not the best pressure ratio but it was good for low 10s for me years ago on my 86
i stepped up to the V1 and thats been mid low 9s on my 87

Worked well for me also i had a few over the years definitely one of the better front mounts.