FRONT LOWER A-ARM BUMP STOP

Boxcars

Banned
Just wanted to know what you have to do to purchase the correct replacement bump stop for our cars. I purchased a couple from some Camaro outfit on ebay and they sent me a couple "HELP" bump stops that were easily one half the size of the ones on my GN but the photo on Ebay was larger than the part I received. I'm sending those back for a refund. I looked on Summit and in google, and the ones they offer look the same as those I just got, but they don't disclose the dimensions. Does anyone know where the right ones can be purchased?

Just wanted to know what you have to do to purchase the correct replacement bump stop for our cars. I purchased a couple from some Camaro outfit on ebay and they sent me a couple "HELP" bump stops that were easily one half the size of the ones on my GN but the photo on Ebay was larger than the part I received. I'm sending those back for a refund. I looked on Summit and in google, and the ones they offer look the same as those I just got, but they don't disclose the dimensions. Does anyone know where the right ones can be purchased?
Moog K6606
Doorman-Help 31061
TRW L2060451692

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/moog-control-arm-bumper-k6606/20516691-P

Thanks, but I'm really not looking for something that will "work". I'm looking for a direct replacement for the stock piece on my GN, and apparently it's not available. Maybe if I had the original GM part number I could locate a couple. These numbers you've listed represent the same junk I had to send back because they are half the size of my stock piece, which still functions. I doubt there would ever be any contact with the frame because the bump-stops listed are too short/ too small.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Thanks, but I'm really not looking for something that will "work". I'm looking for a direct replacement for the stock piece on my GN, and apparently it's not available. Maybe if I had the original GM part number I could locate a couple. These numbers you've listed represent the same junk I had to send back because they are half the size of my stock piece, which still functions. I doubt there would ever be any contact with the frame because the bump-stops listed are too short/ too small.

This is a pic of mine. Hope it helps

Once again, NO, IT ISN'T, as I already explained!!!
You said that the ones you've found were half the size of the originals. You say that the part number,that PSID6 has shown us, is correct. Both of my S10 trucks have the same bump stops as in his picture. They are the same shape and size as the moog 6606.

You said that the ones you've found were half the size of the originals. You say that the part number,that PSID6 has shown us, is correct. Both of my S10 trucks have the same bump stops as in his picture. They are the same shape and size as the moog 6606.

I said very clearly, "they are half the size of my stock piece", by stock piece I mean the picture above. How is the part number listed on the part above the same as you provided? So, no, they are not the same size as the moog. The stock piece is much larger, and the moog, dorman, and the others are a miniature version of the stocker. If the bump-stop on your S-10 are the original stockers, as shown in the picture, how do you know the moog and others are the same? Obviously, if these replacements are half the size, they're not the same.

Last edited:
The pictured bump stop is the same one used on my 2 s10 trucks. It's the same shape and size as the moog K6606. Now you've mentioned the part number which leads me to believe you want the same exact GM part with the part number on it. Go to a salvage yard. Astro vans,G bodies and s10 trucks share the same front suspension. If you find an s10 that sits up high,you'll probably find bump stops that have never been touched by the frame.

The pictured bump stop is the same one used on my 2 s10 trucks. It's the same shape and size as the moog K6606. Now you've mentioned the part number which leads me to believe you want the same exact GM part with the part number on it. Go to a salvage yard. Astro vans,G bodies and s10 trucks share the same front suspension. If you find an s10 that sits up high,you'll probably find bump stops that have never been touched by the frame.

Let's put it this way -- the Moog k6606 is 2" tall and 1" wide, and 2.25 along the base. The above pictured part with the GM part number on it is 2.5" tall, 1 5/8" wide, and 2.5" along the base of it. CLEARLY, though you keep insisting over and over that they are the same size, these are NOT the same size.

I measured the original piece on my GN which is the same as in the photo provided above. Moog and all the others are all the same -- significantly smaller, than the GM part # pictured above. Better than nothing, I suppose, but not the same as original GM.

I have a theory. Someone at GM noticed that the bump stops being used on these cars didn't need to be as big as they were and that they could redesign the part using less material so as to increase profit. Of course,they would retain the same part number.
You say that the picture of the bump stop,that PSID6 has provided for us,is the same size as the ones you have. I say the pictured bump stop is the same size as the Moog K6606 and the ones on both of my S10 trucks,but neither of us have the dimensions of the pictured bump stop.

Hey PSID6,what are the dimensions of the bump stop in your picture?

While the Moog part is similar in all practicality to the ones on my S10 and has the same general shape and dimensions,it is not an exact duplicate. The stops on my s10 have 2 distinct lumps like a camel,just as the one in the picture provided by PSID6. The Moog is one piece with the same general shape as the ones on my S10 and the one in the picture. I drove 1 mile to a house that has 4 turbo Buicks in its front and side yards. The blue Ttype has no wheels and is up on blocks so I just walked up to it to look. The stops on it are shape exactly like the ones on my S10 and the one in the picture (2 lumps),but they are taller,wider,and thicker than the ones on my trucks as well as the Moog. This causes me to believe my theory even more. These stops were probably re-designed many years ago and are only available in the current design.

I have a theory. I presented a problem I had and explained it very accurately, and you entered giving incorrect, false, information. I corrected you and you refuse to admit you're full of shit. So, I'm done.

you entered giving incorrect, false, information.
In post 12 you state the dimensions of the bump stop shown in the picture from PSID6. Have you received the dimensions of the bump stop from PSID6? How do you know the dimensions of his bump stop.

The measurements are the same as boxcars stated in post #12 and actually the over all length is a bit longer at 2.750