Front license plate mounting squars

samgauto

I have been unable to install a white plastic squares into the front bumper as well as the front license plate bracket. Does anyone know if there was a custom made white square the ones I'm buying online all don't seem to fit if you tap them in they break.

Bought the bracket but no mouting squares. I finally have 3 in without breaking. Its like they are a little too small for the holes.

Bought the bracket but no mounting squares. I finally have 3 in without breaking. Its like they are a little too small for the holes. Back in the day these used to snap in pretty easily on GM cars.

Also just noticing some internet parts reference to waste gate solenoid filter at the passenger' valve cover. My car does not have a filter on that top nipple. Some pics of GNX's on line have a filter and some don't. I am wondering if these little filters were only on Grand Nationals and not GNX? Looks like it is something that could fall off easily.

Also just noticing some internet parts reference to waste gate solenoid filter at the passenger' valve cover. My car does not have a filter on that top nipple. Some pics of GNX's on line have a filter and some don't. I am wondering if these little filters were only on Grand Nationals and not GNX? Looks like it is something that could fall off easily.

They fall off. Kirbans has those too.

They fall off. Kirbans has those too.

By looking at several other GNX's on-line I was able to find GM part #559547 which is sort of a round white plastic barrel. I used these for the top attatching point as in photos I saw and they snap right in the upper bumper square holes easily without force. I then used the typical white flat squares for the bottom holes on the bracket. I believe this to be the correct application at least looking at other GNX front photographs.

Doesn't Lowe's have a drawer with the plastic piece or autozone. Does the plastic expand enough when the screw is put in to hold it tight.
Oh oh, haven't had that foam thing on the boost solenoid since forever.

I admit its an over stretch at me trying to keep the car original. The round barrel type did fit much better and did not have to be forced in. Not sure if the parts stores have that round type. I did not know to look for that style until I started seeing them in other GNX photos.

Yes those are the ones I got on ebay as NOS. All the photos I have seen show those in the top square holes of the bumper. They definately fit much better than the traditional plastic squares which I was having to hammer in with a block off wood causing many to break apart.