Front control arms

87GN 98GTP

Andrew
Prob going to get some upper control arms but would like lowers as well but there not cheap. Wandering is there really worth the money versus stock lowers. Meaning its not a daily driver, cruiser and 1/4 mile to the track once in awhile

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Concerned your ditching them for drag setup?

Yes I want the travel limiters to keep the front under control. The Spohn's do not have limiters and no lower bump stops but my new arms don't have lower bump stops either. I also wanted to go to a coil over set-up to give me some adjustability on ride height and some weight savings.
AG.

Ok but how close do those limiters even help(not real up on front end suspension stuff)? And do the lowers loose any weight. I'm not going coil over

Ok but how close do those limiters even help(not real up on front end suspension stuff)? And do the lowers loose any weight. I'm not going coil over

The new arms have travel limiters to keep the arms from swinging down on its normal travel. By doing this the car is forced to lift the additional mass and not have the springs assist in the front end rise. The Spohn's have an upper bump stop at the top of the travel but that's it. There is nothing wrong with the arms but just not optimal from drag racing only. I don't know what the weight savings are over stock but I did weigh them and they are 41.5 lbs for all 4 pieces. IIRC I paid extra at the time for the chromoly ones with the Delrin bushings.
AG.